May Exercise Challenge

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I jogged for the first time since surgery!!!! Man, did it feel good...

Still my 30 minutes, I just covered a lot more ground!

May 8th - 45 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes circuit training.

Did extra 15 on elliptical and used heavier weights on the circuit. Going to try to up my work-outs going forward.

Today was quite possibly my hardest workout ever!! :wacko:

Elliptical 35 min on Wed

Walked 40 minutes on Thurs

Walked 30 minutes today and did 15 min of strength training

Okay.. I did it.. I walked.. voluntarily, not like the power walks between the connecting flights at the airport. (Those were 30 minutes walks, too,) so that makes 3 already this month.

I am at my mom's in Baton Rouge for 3 weeks, and I forgot how beautiful it is here in the spring. The sidewalks were edged with flowers.. roses, gladioli, tulips.. more.. the smell was so wonderful. I heard birds singing as they built nests in the trees, (or tended baby birds,) It is deep south here, with the wide front porches with rocking chairs.. It was a wonderful walk..37 minutes. I had sweat running from my eyebrows into my eyes, chapped thighs, and took an hour to cool off. Did I like walking? No.. hurts.. my knees are killing me, so I am taking my pain management doctor's advice and taking my percoset so I don't associate pain with exercise. Did I like the view? yes.. enough to do it again tomorrow.

Oh, I cannot take credit for the extra 7 minutes that I walked; I got lost and it took me that long to find Mom's street again. :lb25:

Oh, yeah.. I want the bronze level. (I thought Platinum might intimidate all of you, so I am giving you some slack.) LAFFING

Exercise makes me weird like this.

OOOOH I HATE DOING THIS!!!! sooooo i was going try and fly under the radar here..but then i thought i was just cheating myself. Ive been really discouraged latley bc i havent lost anything in three weeks, and as I know i need to work for my band (which i feel like i have been-eating wise at least) still havent moved the scale..maybe its broken! haha jk! Sooooooooo i havent worked out yet..but I still have time to meet my goal for this month. I was sitting at work this morning reading through the posts and just being so proud of everyone on here for actuallly getting active- that it made me pretty disapointed in myself! sooo long story short- i have been pretty lame the past 6 six days, but will post later tonight what i did... bc im going to do something!

Okay, girlfriend! If I have to do this, so do you! :P

saturday May 10 - Walked 35 minutes

I'm falling behind on posting - I'm sorry. But I am doing it!!!

Day 3: 14.5 mile bike ride, 80 minutes

Day 4: Tried Bandgroupies Step Program - not only did I love it, but I added in some old step aerobic moves!!! 30 mins

Day 5: Walked 30 mins.

Day 6: Gym - 20 min treadmill, 20 min weights

Today I'm going on a big bike ride - I'll post the info later :rolleyes:

Thanks Michelle for doing all this ><'

May 10th - Just got back from a 9 mile (4 1/2 Hour) hike in Chantry Flats with DH.

My DH is killing me!! He has turned into an absolute exercise Nazi!!!

I think he is more into this challenge than I am!!

No walking for me today :( (Not that I minded not exercising, but I was trying to be consistant.) I did something to my knee yesterday, and it hurts miserably today, despite the pain meds. I am icing it and hoping for tomorrow, even if it is for just 15 minutes or something. (Is getting sweaty worth it for just 15 minutes?)

ACK! Did I say icing? Chocolate maybe? I would have to lick my knee...

Ow, ow, owie :lb25:

Saturday May 10 - danced for 2 hours at friend's wedding! woot woot =D> I was workin up a serious sweat!

Sunday May 11 - HAPPY MOM'S DAY EVERYONE ><' Did elliptical for 40 minutes

Day 7: 6 mile bike ride (with my son) over an hour!!!

Day 8: 7.75 mile bike ride - to the game store, with my son...over an hour!! He's not slow, he just likes to take breaks, so I ride circles around him :rolleyes:

Okay, finally I've got my elliptical machine assembled and working! Yay, but only did 20 mins. May 12th. I will try to get on again later today, just had to let you guys know that I'm aboard! You guys have been making me feel sooooo behind with all this exercising you're doing. It's very motivational and bringing out the competitiveness in me which is just what I need!

Hope you all had a nice mother's day celebration!

Hanna :)