May Exercise Challenge

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May 4th - Went to the gym today, 30 minutes elliptical and 30 minutes circuit. - Session 3!!! :D

Also, I would like to switch from GOLD TO PLATINUM.....I am feeling really good about this and want to challenge myself further.

I completed 40 minutes on the elliptical trainer on Saturday

I completed 15 minutes of strength training on Sunday and 35 minutes on the treadmill

oh... AND on sunday I was in the city with friends for a festival and we probably walked about 3-4 miles at LEAST! We were walking from 2:00 pm until about 7 pm. My legs hurt. Can sunday count as like 2 workouts? lol!

=D>

Everyone is updated through May 5th! I will be updating every other day (usually late in the evening on the odd days i.e. the 3rd,5th,7th etc)

If you do a morning workout and an afternoon workout I will count that as 2 as long as they are both at least 30 min!!

Lynzz I moved you to Platnium - Keep up the good work!

I wanted to give a smiley face for each workout but you're only allowed 20 smiley faces in a post so I had to change everyone to a :D face x your number of workouts...

So if you see :D x 4 that means that you have done 4 workouts

Keep Sweating!

OOOOH I HATE DOING THIS!!!! sooooo i was going try and fly under the radar here..but then i thought i was just cheating myself. Ive been really discouraged latley bc i havent lost anything in three weeks, and as I know i need to work for my band (which i feel like i have been-eating wise at least) still havent moved the scale..maybe its broken! haha jk! Sooooooooo i havent worked out yet..but I still have time to meet my goal for this month. I was sitting at work this morning reading through the posts and just being so proud of everyone on here for actuallly getting active- that it made me pretty disapointed in myself! sooo long story short- i have been pretty lame the past 6 six days, but will post later tonight what i did... bc im going to do something!

Ok May 2 I did 30 minutes on the stationary bike on random level 4, 30 minutes of arc trainer on incline 3 resistance 10, and 30 minutes of full body weights. I think it is a very good start! Come on ladies we can do it!!

Hey Michelle, I only had two stars and I think that I should have four (plus 3 for today, it is a smiley face for every 30 minutes right?). I took a walk for 30 minutes and then the exercises above.

Today I did 30 minutes on the stationary bike Random Level 5, 30 minutes on the treadmill doing intervals from 3.4 to 4.4, and 45 minutes of total body weight lifting.

Bandgroupie's exercise:

Off to a slow start, obviously.

May 6 - 30 minutes on stair stepper and arm exercises

30 minutes of walking today....I really appreciate this there is a lot to be said for acountability....

I walked today for 40 minutes :o hehe.

4_17_210.gif

Ok Bandsters we all know that exercise is key to reach the weight loss goals we have set for ourselves! Spring is here and summer is around the corner which means the shorts and sleeveless shirts will be coming out soon as well, so what better time to climb on board!?!?

I've seen challenges like this on other boards and I think it is a great way to motivate ourselves and each other, this challenge isn't about weight loss (of course that will be an added bonus) and it is NOT a competition with winners and losers. Basically it's a way to stay accountable to the exercise you commit to do during the month of May. It doesn't matter if you're running 3 miles a day 5 times a week or just going on a 30 min walk with your dog one day a week, there's a level for everyone! So come join in for support and encouragement. It's easy, just check in and post your progress. Whether you check in daily to list each workout or sum everything up once a week, it helps with accountability.

Everyone is welcome!

Joining is easy Here's what to do:

STEP 1. Choose Your Personal Goal Color depending on the number of workout you think you'll be able to achieve in MAY:

Purple Level- 4-7 sessions of under 30 minutes - giving your all and working as hard as you can for as long as you can

Green Level- 5-7 sessions of at least 30 minutes

Bronze Level- 8-14 sessions of at least 30 minutes

Silver Level- 15-18 sessions of at least 30 minutes

Gold Level- 19-23 session of at least 30 minutes

Platinum Level- 24+ sessions of at least 30 minutes

STEP 2. Post your Goal Color here in this forum You can even list some of the workouts you plan to do this month!!

STEP 3. Come back to this post each time you complete a workout or check in once a week saying how many workouts you've completed for the prior week

and That's it!! I will do a weekly summary of everyones workouts and progress in the post below this one as well as show an example of what a check in post would look like... I really hope that you guys will give this a try, I think it will do wonders for keeping us motivated and for inspiring others!!

If we get enough interest maybe we can get Chad to pin this to the top of the forum to make it easier to find for daily check-ins!!

Hi Michelle,

I guess I suck at replying, I checked in last week with my exercise and do not see it so i am trying again, 1.7 miles at lunch x 4; 1 mile after work x 4; this week I have 1.7 miles at lunch x2 and 1 mile after work x 2. Dr. Told me I cannot lift weights for another couple of weeks so i have to hold off. Love your posts,

Thanks Amy

Hello Everyone,

I couldn't get on this web site and had to pay Apple (IMAC) $50.00 today to try to find the problem - anyway, long story short, can't find problem. But they told me to go to Vtunnel.com and write in the web site. I did that and now I am here again. Apparently something on my way to this web site is getting blocked. Ok, enough..

I will be part of the exercise group. I see you are in a week into it, but that's ok, I've been exercising all week. I will continue to do: 3-4 times a week for at least an hour at a time. My workout is 30-45 minutes walking and 30 minutes of weight lifting each time. I guess that means I am a bronze, silver or gold. Can't figure it out.

Happy to be back,

Helen

Jacklynrae-

I am new to this whole challenge thing so there is a learning curve but the way I understand it to work is that for each workout you do it is 1 smiley face as long as the workout is at least 30 min, so if you do a 1hr yoga class followed by 45 min on the treadmill it all counts as 1 workout... Now if you were to take the 1hr yoga class in the morning and then after work you did the 45 min on the treadmill it would count as 2 separate workouts!!

As of the evening May 7th you have 3 stars because I counted:

Workout #1- 30 minutes walking the dog 1.6 miles (this was on May 1st)

Workout #2- 30 minutes on the stationary bike on random level 4, 30 minutes of arc trainer on incline 3 resistance 10, and 30 minutes of full body weights (I understood this was all on May 2nd during 1 workout session)

Workout #3- 30 minutes on the stationary bike Random Level 5, 30 minutes on the treadmill doing intervals from 3.4 to 4.4, and 45 minutes of total body weight lifting (this was all on May 6th, during 1 workout session)

So that's why you have 3 stars, you are just such an overachiever I guess I didn't even think about people going far beyond a 30 min workout, I mainly just wanted to get myself (and others off the couch, even if it is only 5-10min at time in the lower levels).

Does that make sense? I am open to changing it if that's what the group wants, so fellow challengers please speak up!!

Fatcat-

WELCOME TO THE CHALLENGE HELEN!!

You aren't too late and if you will be more specific about what workouts you have done since May 1st I will add some smiley faces to your name!!

Here's an example of the info you can give me: (using some of Jacklyn's workout examples to show you what I mean)

Workout #1- 30 minutes walking the dog

Workout #2- 30 minutes on the stationary bike

Workout #3- 30 minutes on the treadmill

Of course if you don't recall your workouts over the last 7 days, just post something like: I worked out 4 times between May 1st - May 7th

As for what level- If you plan to do 3-4 workouts over the course of 4 weeks that is between 12-16 workouts total for the month which will put you at either the Bronze or Silver level so I am going to put you at Silver because I know you can do it!!

Murphy2-

Sorry I missed the post Amy, not sure what happened...

I see you are splitting your workouts into 2 session, is each one at least 30 min? I am assuming so which would mean that in the last 7 days you have done:

6 days of walking 1.7 miles during lunch (good for 6 stars/smileys)

6 days of walking 1 mile after work (good for another 6 stars, as long as it is taking you more than 30 min to walk a mile)

So that would be 12 stars total if the evening walk is lasting at least 30 min or 6 stars total if the evening walk is taking less than that...

Does that make sense??

Let me know how many stars to give you and I will update your smiley count as soon as you respond!!