May Exercise Challenge

May 26th - 3 1/2 hour (6 mile) hike. Tough one for me....almost puked at the beginning..... :wacko:

I hit 176 today!! Wooooo!!!! Hoooooo!!! The change in my exercise really helped me get over that plateau. :lb21: :lb21: :lb25: :lb25: :lb25: :lb21: :lb21:

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

125785xkp5sqhu7n.gif KEEP IT GOING even if it is for 10 minutes and an easy walk/stroll :D

Okay, girl... you gave me some motivation. It is soooooo hot in Baton Rouge that it is after 6:00 pm before it drops into the low 80's or high 70's. I can at least go out and walk up and down the block even if it is too hot to walk for 30 minutes.

Thank you for reminding me that something is better than nothing!

4_17_210.gif

Ok Bandsters we all know that exercise is key to reach the weight loss goals we have set for ourselves! Spring is here and summer is around the corner which means the shorts and sleeveless shirts will be coming out soon as well, so what better time to climb on board!?!?

I've seen challenges like this on other boards and I think it is a great way to motivate ourselves and each other, this challenge isn't about weight loss (of course that will be an added bonus) and it is NOT a competition with winners and losers. Basically it's a way to stay accountable to the exercise you commit to do during the month of May. It doesn't matter if you're running 3 miles a day 5 times a week or just going on a 30 min walk with your dog one day a week, there's a level for everyone! So come join in for support and encouragement. It's easy, just check in and post your progress. Whether you check in daily to list each workout or sum everything up once a week, it helps with accountability.

Everyone is welcome!

Joining is easy Here's what to do:

STEP 1. Choose Your Personal Goal Color depending on the number of workout you think you'll be able to achieve in MAY:

Purple Level- 4-7 sessions of under 30 minutes - giving your all and working as hard as you can for as long as you can

Green Level- 5-7 sessions of at least 30 minutes

Bronze Level- 8-14 sessions of at least 30 minutes

Silver Level- 15-18 sessions of at least 30 minutes

Gold Level- 19-23 session of at least 30 minutes

Platinum Level- 24+ sessions of at least 30 minutes

STEP 2. Post your Goal Color here in this forum You can even list some of the workouts you plan to do this month!!

STEP 3. Come back to this post each time you complete a workout or check in once a week saying how many workouts you've completed for the prior week

and That's it!! I will do a weekly summary of everyones workouts and progress in the post below this one as well as show an example of what a check in post would look like... I really hope that you guys will give this a try, I think it will do wonders for keeping us motivated and for inspiring others!!

If we get enough interest maybe we can get Chad to pin this to the top of the forum to make it easier to find for daily check-ins!!

I just saw this topic, will you also be doing this for June? I think this is wonderful, because I know for myself it's better if I have to answer to someone!! Please let me know so I can sign up. :lb25:

May 23 Fri - Walk 60 min

May 24 Sat- Walk, swim, jog for a total of 4 HOURS ( I was at Six Flags over Texas in Arlingtion from 10a-6pm)

May 25 Sun Walk, swim, jog for a total of 4 HOURS ( I was at Six Flags over Texas in Arlingtion from 10a-6pm)

May 26 Mon Walk, swim, jog for a total of 4 HOURS ( I was at Six Flags over Texas in Arlingtion from 10a-6pm)

May 27 Tue Walk 1 hour

Yes, we went to the waterpark and theme park ALL weekend and I survived :cheerleader: with the temp an average of 92 degrees EVERY DAY! :lb21: I think I will give myself the PLATINUM award this month because I think I deserve it after this weekend!!! I felt really good all weekend, I'm glad I have been up to date with my exercises because I don't think I would have survived this otherwise. :girl_dance:

Thanks for this challenge, thanks for all who listens, posts, updates and reads...REALLY appreciate motivation, inspiration and laughs ><'

Where is Michelle? Has she dropped off the radar? I am worried about her.

May 31st - Last session of the month - 3 hour hike in Trabuco canyon. Very pretty there.

Also, I read in another post that Michelle was house hunting??... and something about her laptop being on the blink. Hope she hasn't forgotten about us.....