May Exercise Challenge

4_17_210.gif

Ok Bandsters we all know that exercise is key to reach the weight loss goals we have set for ourselves! Spring is here and summer is around the corner which means the shorts and sleeveless shirts will be coming out soon as well, so what better time to climb on board!?!?

I've seen challenges like this on other boards and I think it is a great way to motivate ourselves and each other, this challenge isn't about weight loss (of course that will be an added bonus) and it is NOT a competition with winners and losers. Basically it's a way to stay accountable to the exercise you commit to do during the month of May. It doesn't matter if you're running 3 miles a day 5 times a week or just going on a 30 min walk with your dog one day a week, there's a level for everyone! So come join in for support and encouragement. It's easy, just check in and post your progress. Whether you check in daily to list each workout or sum everything up once a week, it helps with accountability.

Everyone is welcome!

Joining is easy Here's what to do:

STEP 1. Choose Your Personal Goal Color depending on the number of workout you think you'll be able to achieve in MAY:

Purple Level- 4-7 sessions of under 30 minutes - giving your all and working as hard as you can for as long as you can

Green Level- 5-7 sessions of at least 30 minutes

Bronze Level- 8-14 sessions of at least 30 minutes

Silver Level- 15-18 sessions of at least 30 minutes

Gold Level- 19-23 session of at least 30 minutes

Platinum Level- 24+ sessions of at least 30 minutes

STEP 2. Post your Goal Color here in this forum You can even list some of the workouts you plan to do this month!!

STEP 3. Come back to this post each time you complete a workout or check in once a week saying how many workouts you've completed for the prior week

and That's it!! I will do a weekly summary of everyones workouts and progress in the post below this one as well as show an example of what a check in post would look like... I really hope that you guys will give this a try, I think it will do wonders for keeping us motivated and for inspiring others!!

If we get enough interest maybe we can get Chad to pin this to the top of the forum to make it easier to find for daily check-ins!!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May Exercise Challenge Member List

Purple Members- 4-7 sessions of under 30 minutes

I will add Member Names Here

Green Members- 5-7 sessions of at least 30 minutes

I will add Member Names Here

Bronze Members- 8-14 sessions of at least 30 minutes

Jacqui1 :D x 7

PaulaBee :D x 8

WAgal :D x 5

Ginaballerina

Silver Members- 15-18 sessions of at least 30 minutes

Fatcat (pending)

lna228 :D x 2

Bandgroupie :D x 1

Wendy :D x 2

Gold Members- 19-23 session of at least 30 minutes

Brittania :D x 6

Crazycoolbutterfly :D x 10

Feefee :D x 12

Lynna :D x 9

Mackenzie

MamaMichelle :D x 10

Mom12 :D x 11

Murph2 :D x 6 (pending)

The Redhead

Trulytangledgrl :D x 18

Platinum Members- 24+ sessions of at least 30 minutes

Bebe :D x 4

Calicat :D x 8

Jacklynrae :D x 15

Lynzz :D x 18

quennee

Here's an example of what your initial post should include and what the 2 types of check in posts might look like...

1st Post Example

Mama Michelle

Challenging myself for Gold Level in May

I will be doing the treadmill on some days, and various exercise DVD's on others

Daily Check in Post Example

Hey Guys just finished 40 min on the treadmill, only did speed 3.0! Hope to work up to speed 4.0 by the end of the month!

Weekly Check in Post Example

Hey Guys I was pretty good this week, I worked out 4 times... I hope to make it 6 times for next week!

I hope this makes sense, PM me with questions!

I'm going for....GOLD!

My goal is to exercise 30 minutes a day, 25 days out of the month. I will either walk and do weights, water aerobics, or ride my bike.

Starting tomorrow!!!

Great Idea Michelle. I am going to go for the big level and try to hit platinum. I have already started doing an hour of cardio a day either elliptical, stationary bike, or treadmill all on intervals, I also swim and lift weights for 30 minutes 3 times a week. I have a trainer to help build my programs so I will be safe and doing my body good!

May Exercise Challenge Member List

Purple Members- 4-7 sessions of under 30 minutes

Member Names Here

Green Members- 5-7 sessions of at least 30 minutes

Member Names Here

Bronze Members- 8-14 sessions of at least 30 minutes

Member Names Here

Jacqui1

I am having surgery 5/07, but hope to get in at least 10 work outs of 45 min. on the treadmill during May

Silver Members- 15-18 sessions of at least 30 minutes

Member Names Here

Gold Members- 19-23 session of at least 30 minutes

Calicat

MamaMichelle

Murph2 (Amy)

Platinum Members- 24+ sessions of at least 30 minutes

Member Names Here

sooo i think i want to try and do gold- which would be about 5 days a week whether its just walking with the dog- or speed walking and weights- i want more activity! *remember not to over do it and get burned out- ive been reading up on starting to exercise and the biggest mistake people make is trying to do too much at the start!*

I think this is a GREAT idea- that way we can all keep tabs on eachother and make sure we are keeping at it!!! I want to look good in a tank top- AND i have a cruise coming up that i would like to actually wear a bathing suit for the first time in like 12 years (and im only 21!)

I will go for the gold!!!!!!!! I will walk, jog, swim, and who knows what else by the end of the month!!!!!! Great Idea Michelle, thanks for doing it!

Hi Michelle,

Great idea! Thanks. =D>

I'm going for the gold as well. I'll use my new, barely broken-in treadmill and take my old dog on some short walks around the neighborhood. :lb25:

I love your innovative ideas Michelle, sign me up for the Bronze! But I have a big request! Can you send the NV sun towards my way?!!! It's been raining here and temps are high 40's! I need the sun and warmth! If our weather doesn't change soon I'm running away to Cali or maybe AZ, or NV... wherever it's warm!!! LOL!!! Does cleaning house like a madwoman count as exercise? Or chasing the kids around the house? LOL!!! That's my life!!!

Kajsa is 4 today and we're off to get her ice cream cake at Coldstone... another temptation I know.. but I'm not much into ice cream so it's not a problem for me.

Thanks SO much for this Michelle... it's just what I needed!

xoxoxo,

Hanna

Here's an example of what your initial post should include and what the 2 types of check in posts might look like...

1st Post Example

Mama Michelle

Challenging myself for Gold Level in May

I will be doing the treadmill on some days, and various exercise DVD's on others

Daily Check in Post Example

Hey Guys just finished 40 min on the treadmill, only did speed 3.0! Hope to work up to speed 4.0 by the end of the month!

Weekly Check in Post Example

Hey Guys I was pretty good this week, I worked out 4 times... I hope to make it 6 times for next week!

I hope this makes sense, PM me with questions!

Michelle,

I will join at the Gold level for regularity and time. However since my surgery is May 8th. I will only be able to walk for the first couple of weeks of this. May 1-6 I will use my eliptical for at least 30 minutes a day. My 7-21 I will walk walk walk, May 22-31 I will alternate between walking and eliptical as my recovery allows.

ok, ok.... I'm in!!!!

Lynzz

I will be going for the "GOLD" in May. :wacko:

I will go to the gym and get on the elliptical as well as doing some circuit training. I may even mix it up and take the dogs for a run a couple times a week (Maybe I will finally break in those running shoes hubby got me for xmas- still in the box.)

Thanks Michelle, just the motivation I need!!

Lynn

Hey this is a great idea! I don't have my band yet, but I figure this couldn't hurt that is for sure. So, here goes!

Carrie (trulytangledgrl)

I am challenging myself for GOLD LEVEL in the month of May

Some of the exercises I will do: elliptical trainer, treadmill, walking my dog, workout DVD's, weights, and using the punching bag.

Ok I've got all 17 of you who posted so far added to the list... Good luck to everyone I know we can do this!!

REMEMBER: Anyone can join our challenge at any point in the month!! Just post what level you want to aim for and I will add you to the member list!!

Being the "type A personality" and chronic over-achiever that I am... I would have to go Platinum. It's my favorite precious metal anyway!

I typically do an hour on my exercise bike, I'll just need to make the time to do it every day now. I can do this!! (I think! LOL!)