Tell Us About Yourself!

Hi bandsters,

I thought it would be nice if we shared some information about ourselves with each other. Maybe this has been done in the past but I haven't seen it done lately. SO here goes, me first!

My name is bandgroupie (ha ha) and I picked nickname because for a while I was browsing the forum and wanted so much to become a bandster. I felt like a groupie, hence the nick!

I'm 40something, married and have three children (1 living on his own, 1 in college, and 1 who is is finishing his sophomore year in high school). Soon to get the empty nest syndrome!

I live about 40 minutes from Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg and love it. And, yes I enjoy going to Dollywood! I like country music as well as Blue Grass. I even like the music my kids listen to.

I like to take mini road trips (3-4 days) and enjoy the beach. My favorite place to vacation is Beach Cove in N. Myrtle Beach (great for kids, teenagers and adults!). In fact, I am trying to book a condo at Beach Cove for July.

I like to camp, have cookouts, rubber stamp, and I enjoy photography.

I was banded on April 4 and am at the early stage of weight loss. I enjoy the forum and the friends I've made along the way. I can't [weight] until I start losing weight so I can add things like hiking to my list of things I enjoy doing :)

So, tell me about you!!!

Hmmm lets see....My name is Mackenzie..obviously! haha :D I am 21 (almost 22). I was born in MI but moved to Sarasota, Florida when i was 7. Sarasota is the home to one of the top 10 most beautiful beaches in the world: Siesta Key! I love living near the beaches- and take for granted all the beautiful things that we have here to see! I love in in Fl, but its HOT!

I just got married on October- we just bought a new house here and we have two little Westies, Weston (6 months) and Crosby (2 years)! Until Im ready to have kids, they are enough for now! haha

I run the office at my parents furniture store for now...I really want to go to cosmetology school OR become a police officer- but i think cosmetology may come first!

I LOVE hanging out with my friends...used to LOVE bud light...but havent really drank since my surgery (2/27). On the weekends Im usually hanging out with my friends (which are mostly guys) or just hanging out at my house with my pups! Im pretty crazy and always up for a good time! Love music and going out dancing!

I feel really lucky that I got banded while im still young, i have my whole life ahead of me! I would love to wear a bathing suit before i die!! hahaha

My name is Alana, I'm 22 years old (will be 23 in July) and I live in Tallahassee, FL (Home to the FSU Seminoles!). I'm a licensed massage therapist, I just bought a townhouse in August, and I have a wonderful boyfriend named Arthur. I have a chihuahua named Lucy. After I lose 90 lbs, I plan to apply for nursing school. I also feel lucky to get banded when I'm young, before I get married and have kids. I love to travel, read, and paint with watercolors. I'm very close to my family and have 2 nephews and a niece, that I absolutely adore!

Hello, this is sunshinegirl (sue) and I live in Halifax, NS, Eastern Canada. I am 40 yrs old with no children, and co-own manage 4 homes for special care. I've been overweight most of my life and tried every diet going. I need to get control on how much I eat and the band will hopefully be my saviour. I lost 80lbs in 2004 on the Atkins diet but once I lost the weight i thought that I could control my eating but instead I started to gain back the weight. I tried a few times to get back on a low carb life style but it did not work. I love junk and don't like to cook. I looked great (my avatar pic) but it was not enought to override my desire to eat. I love to travel and usualy go to the caribbean every year, so as you can imagine its difficult to look good on the beach when you are overweight. I have a wonderful husband and he stands by me with every decision. He is not overweight and encourages me to exercise. We both enjoy lifting weights (him a little more than me) and I've seen the effects of strenght training when you lose the fat around the muscles (you look awsome!!) and I desire that look again. I am excited about this procedure and can't wait to start my permanent weightloss journey.

sue

I'm BeBe (nickname), 37 and live in Idaho. I am self-employed in the food industry (wrong profession for a person with an eating disorder! LOL!). I have 5 kids (ages 20, 17, 16, 14 & 10), will soon be divorced and have issues using my weight as a defense mechanism in relationships (it's more about relationships than food for me).

I'm a complete dork, and have learned not to care what people think about me. I am going to be who I am, and not worry what others have to say about it. As long as I'm not hurting anyone else, it's all good, right? ;-) (I'm the idiot who will get out and dance by herself - totally sober - when the floor is empty. I've danced in the aisles of Wal-Mart when a good song comes on the speakers. I have no shame.)

I am a karaoke addict, and have a complete professional system and over 500 disks. I love traveling, and try to get to Vegas (my favorite spot) at least once/year.

I got banded to stop my self-destructive habits with food. I deliberately gain weight when I want to push a man away, then as soon as he's gone and I want another one, I'll drop the weight. Lather, rinse, repeat. Yeah, not a good practice.

Hi, my name is Amanda 29 yrs old and I live in Beebe, AR. I am a single mom to a wonderful 9 year old boy (when I don't want to tie him up by his toes :wacko: ). I was banded on March 5, 2008. I would suggest it to anyone who is having trouble losing weight.

I am a Medical Support Assistant at a medical hospital. We are very lucky that we are on the Arkansas River and have a wonderful place to walk. I have made my mom and her friend start walking with me at lunch here. I am hoping to start water arobics soon. Cross stitching and reading are my favorite hobbies.

Since having my surgery I have so much energy. Instead of going home and vegging out, I am constantly up doing things. My son has been so helpful. I am hoping to be able to better help him loose weight. I have taught him some bad habits over the years. I know boys are suppose to eat more, but he snacks to much.

Hello Ladies,

I am Kittycat (Cathy) and I am 45 years old, have been married for almost 19 years to a wonderful guy. I have two sons, 16 and 10. We all live in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada and work in the insurance industry.

I am very excited about getting my band on June 10th in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.

I love to travel to tropical destinations and we usually take a family trip annually. In January we went to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, had a fabulous time and would love to do it again, 100 lbs lighter.

I also enjoy making jewellery and home decorating.

I love to chat on Facebook and this forum in the evenings and value all of the friendships I have made here!

Here's to starting a life long journey together!!

Cathy

[bUMP]

Just don't read this post, contribute ;)

Hello Ladies,

I am Kittycat (Cathy) and I am 45 years old, have been married for almost 19 years to a wonderful guy. I have two sons, 16 and 10. We all live in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada and work in the insurance industry.

I am very excited about getting my band on June 10th in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.

I love to travel to tropical destinations and we usually take a family trip annually. In January we went to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, had a fabulous time and would love to do it again, 100 lbs lighter.

I also enjoy making jewellery and home decorating.

I love to chat on Facebook and this forum in the evenings and value all of the friendships I have made here!

Here's to starting a life long journey together!!

Cathy

I am Lora, I'm 36 soon to be 37. I was born and raised in Denver, CO and moved to Goodyear, AZ about 4 years ago. I moved to open a charter school with my boss/friend. When he was let go I switched careers and am now an LPN. I will be going on for my RN (soon). I have 3 children Garren 16, Logan 13 and Katherine12. My husband Scott and I will celebrate 18 years of marriage on Sept. 1ST. I am a huge cook and baker, but my eating issue is from eating out (all those cheap fastfood mexican restaurants...lmao). Oh yeah I have 2 dogs Logan (yes a dog and a kid with the same name, kid was first dog was already named...lol) and Lucky......Lucky I don't leave him elsewhere just kidding, he is actually my cuddle buddy. I love reality shows as well as crime drama...any law and order regardless of how many times I've seen it and yes I mourned when Jerry Orbach died and am now depressed that Jesse L. Martin has left but I will survive...I know I need help bad...lmao

My name is Brittania hence the screen nam brittania. I am 27 years old. I am a firefighter/paramedic and have been for six years. I love sports skiing, softball, soccer, basketball and riding dirt bikes with my boyfriend. I am a 7 time Junior Olympic ski racer, and a 1 time junior olympic softball player! I have been big all of my life! I decited to get the lap band 3/27/08 because I am tired of being the biggest one in my family (for once I want to know what it feels like to be skinny)! I live in the beautiful mountians in So. Cal. where you can ski in the winter and go boating in the summer! This forum is the best!

Hello!

My name is Tanya. I live in Nasville, TN and I am a 36 year old mother of two. My son is 7 and my daughter is 6. While I've always been heavy, the 2 babies back to back didn't help! Now that they are both in school (finishing Kindergarten and 2nd Grade this month), I think it's about time I lose the pregnancy weight for good.... and while I'm at it, I need to loose the 20 pounds I've gained IN ADDITION to my 9 month prego weight! HA!

I work for a national home builder. Right now I am responsible for our Operational Marketing and Neighborhood Openings. HOWEVER, as part of my management training, I'm probably going to spend a year in sales. I'm a little nervous -- as an engineer I'm not exactly the most social person! I think sales people are expected to remember the names of their customers! hehehe

My surgery is scheduled for May 30. I can't wait to start this journey. Can you imagine in December at the Sales Holiday Party -- I can either be in the photos wearing a goreous new gown or I can be the old me and 3 sales agents would be lost behind me in the photo. I'm voting new dress!

This forum has been a great resource during my decision phase and I can tell already that ya'll are going to be a great support system during this life change.

Hello everyone! My name is Julie; I picked my screen name as crazycoolbutterfly because it totally describes who I am- flying around on a cool day through this crazy world free as a butterfly (now I would like to add LIGHT as a butterfly). I'm married to the most handsome, loving, and caring husband in the world. I am a proud mother of four beautiful boys ages 14, 14, 10, and 2 (yes, I have twins). I currently have the advantage of staying home with my toddler and am able to participate or volunteer for my other boys at their schools. I’m originally from Corpus Christi however we recently moved into a suburb north of Houston, TX which we truly enjoy.

Love camping out annually in Concan TX, 5 minutes from Garner State park.

Love dancing (totally can relate to BeBe), reading, blogging, and spending time outdoors –especially star gazing.

Enjoy spending time with my husband and children, enjoy looking at new homes (especially custom homes, some of them are magnificent), enjoy bargain hunting.

We adore traveling (can relate to bandgroupie). My husband and I are absolute road trip junkies. Sometimes we just grab a light suitcase for the family and hit the road for the weekend. My favorite travel destinations are California and Florida, I think because of the wonderful weather both states offer, similar to the weather that I’m accustomed to here in Texas. We decided to make our family trip this year in TJ so we are going to catch a Padres game in San Diego, catch some bullfighting in TJ, and hit up the beaches and other attractions up and down the coastline, that we can get to, while we are there for the week. My boys will be flying for the first time, so it will be adventurous from the beginning :D

I was thin my entire childhood and right thru high school. I guess because I was very active in track and swimming that I could eat anything and not gain any weight. I have been overweight for about 12 years and out of those obese for about 9 years. I thought about the lapband and the gastric banding for over 5 years, but never felt it was my time yet. I started gaining weight with my first pregnancy and after my third pregnancy I was at 200#s (2005) and hadn’t really weighed myself since then, well I went to my annual this year and weighed in at 273#s. I was on the phone with OCC the next morning! Sometimes you get that "admit it already and do something about it, before it does something to you" moment, well that was mine. I have truly been blessed with a new opportunity to enhance my life not only for myself but for my family. I enjoy this forum so much; everyone is thoughtful, polite and straightforward. I am so glad to have joined the OCC team.

Hi, my name's Anita, and I'm from Vancouver BC Canada. I'm 45, and have two wonderful boys ages 15 & 12. I am in the financial industry. I have been overweight since I was about 8 yrs old. Was always made fun of in school. Always found a way to get out of taking gym, as I couldn't run or do much of anything. Probably why I have been overweight for so long? I have been divorced for 10 yrs, and have been on my own since, and as much as I know I have a great personality, some guys just can't look past the "weight" and give you a chance. For the past 5 yrs I have been saying "I am what I am, and I WILL meet a guy who loves me for what/who I am. Both outside and inside. However, I now feel differently. I have decided to get banded as I want to live a healthier lifestyle, and of course, to hopefully meet someone. I'm not getting any younger, and I'm scared of disease's associated with being overweight. I love the sun and everything to do with it. Mexico, suntanning, ice cold beer, golfing, camping, and am also a dragonboat paddler. If you're looking for me at the hotel, just check the pool, you'll probably find me there! I have been reluctant to put my picture on, as I have not told many people that I am doing this. I may remove it in a day or two, but wanted you all to see what I look like. photo-11625.jpg HOORAY! I got my pic on my profile, but how the hell do I get it under my name on the left hand side??

My name is Wendy. I am a 47 yr old single mom of 4, ages 25, 23, 22, and 17.99. My youngest turns 18 this month.

I was born and raised in upstate NY. I've been in California for 26 years. My oldest daughter is married and I have 2 grandsons. My son graduated college last June and my middle daughter will finish college in January. My youngest daughter will graduate high school in June.

I was thin until age 30, but of course I didn't always know that. My ex-husband loved to remind me, "If you ever get fat, I'll divorce you." After having my last baby, I weighed 120lb. That was unacceptable and so the yo-yo dieting began. Needless to say, I always gained back more than I lost. Well, with the exception of March 1999 when I lost 200lbs by kicking that man out of my house! =D> Since then, I raised my kids, got a college degree, and a county job.

This summer, we will be moving to North Carolina. I am looking forward to being near my extended family again and a simpler, less expensive life.

Hello all! Misty here. I am from Douglas, Georgia (small town in South Georgia). I am 26 years old and married to a wonderful Godly man that I am thankful for each day. He cooks (rarely), cleans (occasionally) but makes me happy (constantly). This August we will be celebrating our 5 year anniversary. With divorce rates like they are I am really happy about that milestone!

So we have no children, but I do have a 9 year old sister that I absolutely adore. But I have to admit she has been wonderful birth control for the last few years.

I am a registered nurse and work on the observation unit at our local hospital. I only work 2 days a week because I also attend Georgia Southern University in Statesboro, GA full time as a Family Nurse Practitioner student. I will graduate May 9th - 2009 and absolutely cannot wait. I graduated high school in 2000 and have only had off 2 summers since then. I am wore slap out.

I have been overweight most of my life. However, I did lose weight in high school and got down to 137. But in high school that was still overweight. But WOW would I love to be that now!?! I will be one day, right!?!?!

I was banded on March 17, 2008 by Dr. Ortiz. I weighed 224 at my highest/pre-op and weighed 218 on the day of surgery. I lost 8 lbs. in the first week and have lost about 1-2 lbs per week since then. I am now at 200 and am going for my first fill tomorrow!!!! I am so excited. That's about all I have to tell. I will update you guys about my fill later.

Take Care! Misty

Hi you guys!!!

My name is Cindy and I am 32 years old. I live in a little town in GA called Oxford, it's about 30 miles east of Atlanta. I have a wonderful husband named Darrell and 2 beautiful children, Savannah 9 and Luke 3. I am a fluoro c-arm tech and work for an anesthesiologist/ pain management physician, which I have been with for a looooong 5 years. haha!!

Things I like to do: love being a mom!!, traveling (2 cruises a year), going to concerts with my "person" (my best friend Stacey), and believe it or not I love working out now (5 days a week).

I would say that I have been "chunky" since about 17, I guess I never noticed it though, because nothing changed, I had lots of friends and lots of dates so I thought I was normal. UNTIL I gained more weight and when I was about 27 some one asked the most awful question ever "AWWWW When are you due?" Holy cow reality set in!!!! I was fat!!! I tried numerous diets- the diets didn't fail, I did. I couldn't do it- I was always hungry. So I researched Lap Band for a good 3 years (had another baby in that time), but when I decided it was for me, I was shot down again when I found out my insurance didn't cover it- and I wasn't "heavy" enough....WHATEVER!!! So then I researched doc's in Atlanta and found one that would do it, uh yeah at $24,000. Ok next- then God answered my prayers and I found Dr. Ortiz and how ironic the day I got my tax return!!! So off to TJ 9 days later!!! And here I am now 25lbs lighter and loving it this far, my daughter hugged me this morning and said "mommy I can fit my arms easily around you now." It's a GOOD day!

Hi you guys!!!

My name is Cindy and I am 32 years old. I live in a little town in GA called Oxford, it's about 30 miles east of Atlanta. I have a wonderful husband named Darrell and 2 beautiful children, Savannah 9 and Luke 3. I am a fluoro c-arm tech and work for an anesthesiologist/ pain management physician, which I have been with for a looooong 5 years. haha!!

Things I like to do: love being a mom!!, traveling (2 cruises a year), going to concerts with my "person" (my best friend Stacey), and believe it or not I love working out now (5 days a week).

I would say that I have been "chunky" since about 17, I guess I never noticed it though, because nothing changed, I had lots of friends and lots of dates so I thought I was normal. UNTIL I gained more weight and when I was about 27 some one asked the most awful question ever "AWWWW When are you due?" Holy cow reality set in!!!! I was fat!!! I tried numerous diets- the diets didn't fail, I did. I couldn't do it- I was always hungry. So I researched Lap Band for a good 3 years (had another baby in that time), but when I decided it was for me, I was shot down again when I found out my insurance didn't cover it- and I wasn't "heavy" enough....WHATEVER!!! So then I researched doc's in Atlanta and found one that would do it, uh yeah at $24,000. Ok next- then God answered my prayers and I found Dr. Ortiz and how ironic the day I got my tax return!!! So off to TJ 9 days later!!! And here I am now 25lbs lighter and loving it this far, my daughter hugged me this morning and said "mommy I can fit my arms easily around you now." It's a GOOD day!

I think you have already told me - but what time is your fill tomorrow? Mine is at 11:00 am. Maybe I will see you there.

Oki doki ...

My name is Ute (pronounced:you-tea) originally from Germany, 39 y/o, married to my wonderful husband John and we have 3 dogs. Due to a job offer, we moved to Atlanta 4 years ago and I really love it here in the US - especially the traveling :-) ! I'm working for a Foreign Embassy as an Executive Assistant and enjoy my job to the fullest.

I have been overweight most of my life, always fighting the pounds - sometimes more - sometimes less.

My best friend back in Germany had the lap band surgery a little over a year ago and since then I was considering it, but not really ready - eating is just such a wonderful thing ;-)

After avoiding the scale for some time I finally had the nerve to face the reality and booom I was a wopping 261lbs. Now I knew I was ready and after a lot of research I called OCC and set the date.

Being banded since April 28, 2008 and looking very much forward to my new life !!!

Mom12 here, I am 45 years old. I am from Colorado Springs, I have lived here for 16 years with my awesome husband and children. I have 7 children ages 20, 18,16, 9,7,5,5,. I grew up in Africa where my family were missionaries. I love God first and my relationship with him is the most important thing in my life followed by my husband of 22 years and my children. I have not been overweight all of my life. I seemed to be able to get the baby fat off after the pregnancies until the last three. After each of them I just kept on ballooning. I have hope where my weight is concerned for the first time in ages. I believe the band will be the tool I need to not only take the weight off, but the keep it off for life.

Blessings!

Hey all! Well, my name is Carrie - picked my nickname because... well... it is basically descriptive of me. I am kind of all tangled up - I am indecisive at times, I am kind of all over the map because I like to keep busy, and sometimes I just feel like a knotted up mess! lol! I am 25, will be 26 in July. I live in the Philadelphia area in PA - I grew up in northwestern PA!

I am a childrens/adolescents case manager (resource coordinator) and I love it. I am studying to get my MSW (Masters in social work degree) and will be done MAY 2009! YEAHHH BUDDY! I can't wait! I hope to work with adolescents or adults doing one on one therapy. Counting down the days until graduation so that my hectic life can calm down a little. :blink:

I enjoy naps, spending time with my friends and family (I live with my older sister and her husband, and my girlfriend), going out every once in a while in the city, going to small cozy cafes to enjoy a cup of coffee/tea/whichever, going to Barnes & Noble every thurs with my girlfriend to sit in starbucks and read magazines (lol silly I know), taking walks, going aerobics, using the punching bag, going on vacations (have 2 planned for this summer already), and playing with my cute beagle MYA!

Hello everyone.

My name is Charlotte Hypolite.

I'm 41 years old and have 3 daughters and 5 grandchildren. I'm raising one of the grandchildren Trevon, his the only boy of all the grandchildren. I also have 2 stepsons. I'm in love with Mark Ina and we are getting married next year. Yes, we both been married before, but he's the one. I been overweight since my last daughter,she is 16. I love shoes and that's because my size shoe is not consider big.

I work for a hospital as a Program Director that treats drug and alcoholics. I was born in Anchorage Alaska and now living in Houston, Texas. My father was in the military, so I traveled most of my child hood life.

I can't wait until next Friday, May 9, that day will be a great day for me, you and others. This forum as been great.It's nice to meet people all over the world and have something unique in common.

Jena, Moma12, Alania, sorry If I forgot someone's name or if I'm spelling your name wrong, but I will see you next week in person. Let's meet in the lobby on Thursday, May 8th sometime in the evening if it's ok. Ms. Moma12 don't forget to tell your husband that my fiance will be there as well.

Everyone

Have a wonderful day

God bless.

Charlotte

Hello everyone.

My name is Charlotte Hypolite.

I'm 41 years old and have 3 daughters and 5 grandchildren. I'm raising one of the grandchildren Trevon, his the only boy of all the grandchildren. I also have 2 stepsons. I'm in love with Mark Ina and we are getting married next year. Yes, we both been married before, but he's the one. I been overweight since my last daughter,she is 16. I love shoes and that's because my size shoe is not consider big.

I work for a hospital as a Program Director that treats drug and alcoholics. I was born in Anchorage Alaska and now living in Houston, Texas. My father was in the military, so I traveled most of my child hood life.

I can't wait until next Friday, May 9, that day will be a great day for me, you and others. This forum as been great.It's nice to meet people all over the world and have something unique in common.

Jena, Moma12, Alania, sorry If I forgot someone's name or if I'm spelling your name wrong, but I will see you next week in person. Let's meet in the lobby on Thursday, May 8th sometime in the evening if it's ok. Ms. Moma12 don't forget to tell your husband that my fiance will be there as well.

Everyone

Have a wonderful day

God bless.

Charlotte

Sounds great, Charlotte!

:-h Hey everyone,

My name is Denise and I'm 47 years old. I have 2 kids; a daughter 18 (almost 19 and legal drinking age in Canada...groan) and a son 16, that lives, eats and breathes bicycling. They are both super terrific kids and we are all really quite close. I'm a single mom; divorced for almost 5 years.

I have a incredible boyfriend that I met just over a year ago through Internet dating. (WOW... can you ever meet some wackos doing that... :wacko::lol: ) I got lucky when I met my boyfriend though because we 'clicked' instantly. We moved in together 2 weeks later and for the first time in my life I feel like I've met the man for me. Every day we're together gets better and better.

In my spare time ( :lol: ) I enjoy gardening, going to auctions (my kids tell me I'm auction-addicted), traveling and up to recently... eating.

I have had weight problems all my life. At 12 years old I weighed 225. And let me tell you, its HELL being a fat kid in school. I have dieted up and down many, many times and at one point I hit my lowest point of 135 lbs (which didn't last long). I have tried every diet possible. In my late teens (early 20's) I did a weight loss clinic diet that limited you to 700 calories a day. I lost almost 80 lbs in 3 months and also passed out numerous times. Once I started eating again I gained all the weight back. The last time I lost weight (50 lbs) I knew that I would have to keep it off because it was SO HARD to lose it. Of course I didn't keep it off and gained back almost all of it. Every time I have tried to diet since I have ended up gaining more weight than I lost.

Last Summer my kids, boyfriend, sister and her husband went camping. There were lots of pictures taken on that trip. Usually I run away when the camera was pulled out but unfortunately (groan) I didn't get away for all of them. When I saw the results I was sick to my stomach. I knew I had to do something now because I'm not getting any younger. After much research I sent an email to the OCC and ... the rest is history. I had lap band surgery on April 10, 2008.

Mom12 here, I am 45 years old. I am from Colorado Springs, I have lived here for 16 years with my awesome husband and children. I have 7 children ages 20, 18,16, 9,7,5,5,. I grew up in Africa where my family were missionaries. I love God first and my relationship with him is the most important thing in my life followed by my husband of 22 years and my children. I have not been overweight all of my life. I seemed to be able to get the baby fat off after the pregnancies until the last three. After each of them I just kept on ballooning. I have hope where my weight is concerned for the first time in ages. I believe the band will be the tool I need to not only take the weight off, but the keep it off for life.

Blessings!

Hello Neighbor !!!