flipped port

I just wanted to let everyone know. I found out on Thursday that my port was flipped. I called and spoke to Dr. Martinez, he told me if I wanted to come to Mexico he would fix it free of charge. Amazing!!! The great service does not end after the sugery, it continues on. I was very impressed while talking to Dr. Martinez. I just want people to know, these doctors are not just in it for the money, they do care about their patients.

Tanya

From What Dr. martinez said, I told him I have had swelling around the port site since the day after surgery, he informed me that it is not a hematoma, that it is a fluid filled sac and that probably caused the port to break loose and move around. He was very understanding and supportive. I was very impressed, however it does suck having to do surgery again,,,,,,,but things happen.

Tanya

It just makes me love and recommend the OCC even more!!! =D> :wub: :cheerleader: :air_kiss: :heart:

Good luck with your port.... did they say how that happens?

I had gone for my first fill and the doctor could not get it in after several sticks. She sent me for an x-ray, which showed it was flipped. It was weird, cause I never had any pain with it flipping.

Tanya

It just makes me love and recommend the OCC even more!!! =D> :wub: :cheerleader: :air_kiss: :heart:

Good luck with your port.... did they say how that happens?

How great that they are gonna fix it for you! =D>

Glad to hear that they are going to fix it for you. We have the best Doctors available! YAY!

Tanya,

I'm so sorry to hear you have to have another surgery, but thank goodness you are from the OCC and they will take care of you!! Do you know what the surgery entails? I can't imagine it will be like the first. I would think they only have to go into the port site again. Is this correct.

Best of luck

I am going on 5-21-08. He said they would have cut the incision where the port is and go in and flip it and resuture it. Said they do it under a local anesthetic. I'm kind of scared. I hope the doctor that tried to do my fills did not damage the port or tubing.

Anybody going for a fill on the 21st?

Tanya,

I'm so sorry to hear you have to have another surgery, but thank goodness you are from the OCC and they will take care of you!! Do you know what the surgery entails? I can't imagine it will be like the first. I would think they only have to go into the port site again. Is this correct.

Best of luck

Hi Deb,

It's not really a bump, it's more the size of an egg. I can feel the port which is a hard area, but the swelling part is the part he said was a fluid sack. It really does not hurt at all. I know some people say when your port flips that it is very painful, but I had no pain. The way I found out it was flipped forsure was by having an x-ray done. Has to be a lateral KUB view to see it.

Tanya

Tanya,

Can I ask you do you have a bump where the port is? Does it hurt? What did Dr.Martinez ask you to figure out that it was flipped?

Thanks, Debbie

Thank you all for all the support and kind words, i greatly appreciate it.

Tanya, I will be there on the 23rd for my first fill. If you are still there I would love to meet you. Best of luck and please keep us updated. Lora

Hi Deb,

It's not really a bump, it's more the size of an egg. I can feel the port which is a hard area, but the swelling part is the part he said was a fluid sack. It really does not hurt at all. I know some people say when your port flips that it is very painful, but I had no pain. The way I found out it was flipped forsure was by having an x-ray done. Has to be a lateral KUB view to see it.

Tanya

Thank You for the response. Deb!