June Exercise Challenge

Ok, ladies (and gentleman) it is now the start of a new month and a new exercise challenge. I know that the May challenge made me accountable and gave me the motivation I needed to hit the gym, so, in Michelle's absence I would like to continue it here!!

Here is Michelle's introductory post from May's challenge:

"Ok Bandsters we all know that exercise is key to reach the weight loss goals we have set for ourselves! Spring is here and summer is around the corner which means the shorts and sleeveless shirts will be coming out soon as well, so what better time to climb on board!?!?

I've seen challenges like this on other boards and I think it is a great way to motivate ourselves and each other, this challenge isn't about weight loss (of course that will be an added bonus) and it is NOT a competition with winners and losers. Basically it's a way to stay accountable to the exercise you commit to do during the month of May. It doesn't matter if you're running 3 miles a day 5 times a week or just going on a 30 min walk with your dog one day a week, there's a level for everyone! So come join in for support and encouragement. It's easy, just check in and post your progress. Whether you check in daily to list each workout or sum everything up once a week, it helps with accountability.

Everyone is welcome!"

The rules are the same, except I added the Diamond Level for 28+ Sessions, for those of us that are crazy exercise junkies:

STEP 1. Choose Your Personal Goal Color depending on the number of workout you think you'll be able to achieve in JUNE:

Purple Level- 4-7 sessions of under 30 minutes - giving your all and working as hard as you can for as long as you can

Green Level- 5-7 sessions of at least 30 minutes

Bronze Level- 8-14 sessions of at least 30 minutes

Silver Level- 15-18 sessions of at least 30 minutes

Gold Level- 19-23 session of at least 30 minutes

Platinum Level- 24-27 sessions of at least 30 minutes

Diamond Level - 28+ sessions at least 30 Minutes

STEP 2. Post your Goal Color here in this forum You can even list some of the workouts you plan to do this month!!

STEP 3. Come back to this post each time you complete a workout or check in once a week saying how many workouts you've completed for the prior week

Member list and tally:

Bronze Level- 8-14 sessions

deparis :rolleyes: x 1

Paula Bee :rolleyes: x 3

Soccermom :rolleyes: x 4

Silver Level- 15-18 sessions

Blazn :rolleyes: x 2

Nebsmom

Gold Level- 19-23 session

Caroline

crazycoolbutterfly :rolleyes: x 15

Mom12 :rolleyes: x 5

Platinum Level- 24-27 sessions

oxxevettexxo :rolleyes: x 7

Diamond Level - 28+ sessions

Lynzz :rolleyes: x 19

MamaMichelle :rolleyes: x 15

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I have been really lazy since being banded but have done pretty good in the weight loss department but it has slowed down a bit. I have only lost 1lb per week for the last 2 weeks when I was averaging 2-3lbs per week. So it's time to step up to the challenge. I am going this afternoon to join a ladies only health club. Since I work 12 hour shifts I think it will probably be hard to work out on those day so I am going to start with the Silver Level: 15-18 workouts. Wish me luck and I'll keep you posted.

nopainnogain.jpg

Ok, I added you guys to the list.... I am so happy you decided to join in. :lb21: :lb25: :lb21: :lb25: :cheerleader:

There seems to be a lot less participation this time around??? :-? Hopefully we will get more takers!!

We can do this!!! Good Luck Ladies!!

I want to do the first posting -

June 2nd - 60 minutes Elliptical

June 2nd - 60 minute run/walk

June 3rd - 60 minutes Elliptical & 20 minute circuit training.

Go CrazyCool, Go!! You are doing wonderful..... :lb21: :lb21: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Feel those butt muscles getting firmer???? hehe... soon you will be famous doing Victoria Secret underwear ads..... just remember who cheered you on, the little people at the lap band forum....

6/5 Walked/jogged 1 mile & 30 minutes circuit training.

6/9 Walked/jogged 1 mile, 15 min circuit training

Of course you can play!!! WOOOOOO HOOOOO, we got more participation!

I will add you to the list. I figured that I would update our tally once a week on Sunday.

Keep up the good work!!! :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

June 5th - 45 minutes Elliptical & 30 minutes circuit training (legs).

OMG, I am in so much pain today!! :(( I worked out my legs last night and hurt the muscles above my butt. ouch....OUCH...OUCH!!!!

will T will join with an adaptation of the workout. He will sit and watch on the PLATINUM level.

Already, evette's Carmen Electra hip hop dance made him sweat off two pounds.

And watching lynzz and blazn.... O....M....G.....

I like this program. I should've started it EARLIER....

I posted all our sessions ladies.... Keep up the good work!!! :lb21: :lb21: :lb21:

I haven't been to the gym since the 5th. I hurt myself so bad that day, I could barely move over the last 3 days. Well, the month is still young, I just have to work extra hard from now on!!

I need another workout.... evette, love... will you start doing your hip hop again so I can get MY workout??? ; )

Ok, I added you guys to the list.... I am so happy you decided to join in. :lb21: :lb25: :lb21: :lb25: :cheerleader:

There seems to be a lot less participation this time around??? :-? Hopefully we will get more takers!!

We can do this!!! Good Luck Ladies!!

I want to do the first posting -

June 2nd - 60 minutes Elliptical

June 2nd - 60 minute run/walk

June 3rd - 60 minutes Elliptical & 20 minute circuit training.

Count me in. Since there is only half the month left, I am doing step class 3 times a week, so I figure I will pledge Bronze! (hope I signed up right!) :good: :training1: :lb25:

Bronze Level- 8-14 sessions of at least 30 minutes

6/10/08 - Step Class 45 minutes

Can I play?!

I didn't do this last month, but I am doing it this month!!

Please put me in the PLATINUM level!!!

WOOHOO!

I will keep my log on this same post and just update it everyday.

WORKOUTS:

June 3rd: 1 hour Carmen Electra Hip Hop Dance

June 4th: 30 minute walk & 30 minute leg workout

June 5th: 30 minute walk & 30 minute arm workout

June 9th: 30 minute walk & 30 minute leg workout & 200 various situps

June 10th: 1 Hour Resistance Training with PT, I bought 10 sessions!! Woohoo!

[30 minute walk includes fast paced walking with various incline and decline for toning + cardio]

Evette ~ how do you like the Carmen Electra Hip Hop Dance Video? Is it worth buying? :girl_dance:

I am finally exercising again. I really hurt myself on the 5th, so today was my first day back. It really felt good to exercise... I can't wait to get back to the gym tomorrow!!!! :lb21:

June 11th - 1 hour Run/Walk

June 12th - 45 minutes Elliptical

Misty and Lynnzz, I am interested in learning the curcuit training. Do you both go to curves? I want to utilize less machines and maximize my workout. Would you share your routines with me?? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Michelle is going to the river with me, and we gotta look HOTTT! Thank you both! :give_rose:

Are you sure you want my routine?? Remember, I am the one that is not losing any weight.....hehehe. Anyway, I go to 24 hour fitness. I always start off on the elliptical machine for 45-60 minutes, to raise my heart rate and to burn calories. Then I move on to circuit training, I alternate muscles that I concentrate on-- like every other day I do arms, shoulders and back. The other days I do legs. I will probably add abs everyday when it is safe... 1 more month.

Start off with light weights on the circuit machine, you want to "feel it" as you are lifting, then gradually increase (BE CAREFUL!! I really thought I was lifting light, and hurt myself!). The object here is focus and control. Focus on the muscle you are working out, and control the movement. I usually do 3 sets of 12 repetitions. I also pyramid the weights, lower weight, then higher, then lower again. When I was working out with my personal trainer, he would have me do more cardio after the circuit. It would probably be a good idea to get yourself a personal trainer for a couple of sessions to work out a program for you. :)

Anyway, that is the routine I follow, for what it is worth--lot of good it does. Actually, I don't think the problem is with the routine, I think I am the problem!

As far as the protein shakes, I do usually have protein after my workouts, BUT, I met with Dr. Miranda after my fill today to discuss my nutrition and lack of weight loss. She said I should have carbs after workout???? She told me to try increasing my calories to 1200 or more since I am exercising and suggested a sports nutrition book, of course I don't remember the author or name. I will have to call her tomorrow.....

Don't worry, you guys look great already!!! You will definately be HOT, HOT, HOT for the river!!!!