Barix Clinics of MI

(800) 282-0066

USA

FL

Altamonte Spring

Dr Beltre

866-656-4175

NOTE: Post Date: 3/13/08 6:14 am

CURRENTLY(MARCH 2008) ALL ON THE LIST accept overseas lap band patients, this was validated before adding them on the list.

Note from Bandgroupie/Dawnie:

I haven't personally telephoned any doc on this list but may try to run down a few tomorrow. Found this list on the internet with the note that as of March 2008 they were accepting out of country patients. If anyone gets lucky, please post back and let us know who, where, and how much!

I SWEAR the list looks better in here than it does once posted - you can't see my TABLE!!!!

Thanks!

Country

State

City

Doctor

Hospital/Clinic

Phone/Email

Canada

Alberta

St Albert

Dr Daviduck

(780) 460-4562

Canada

Alberta

Calgary

Dr Phillip Mitchell

403 264-6720

USA

UT

Salt Lake City

Dr Cottam

801-478-0010

USA

TN

Chattanooga

Chattanooga Mem H

423-495-2244 or 1-866-313-2244

USA

OH

Cincinnati

Dr Trace W. Curry

Clifton Surgical

513.559.1222 / 877.442.BAND

USA

OH

Columbus

Barix Clinics of Ohio

(800) 282-0066

USA

TN

Nashville

Dr Houston (How-Ston)

Centennial Center

615-342-5820

USA

TN

Nashville

Dr Winston Griner

Lamplight Health Care

615-349-6927

USA

OK

Owasso

Dr JoeBob Kirk

Bailey Medical Center

918-252-2800

USA

OR

PORTLAND

Dr Kelly Fitzpatrick

Sacred Medicine

503-235-6589

USA

OR

Eugene

Dr Kelly FitzpatrickÂ

Sacred Medicine

541-344-9658

USA

TX

Tyler

Dr Stephanie Eijsink

903-520- 8847

USA

TX

Dallas

Dr Jayaseelan

972-566-2263

USA

PA

Langhorne

Barix Clinics of PA

(800) 282-0066

USA

MI

Ypsilanti

Barix Clinics of MI

(800) 282-0066

USA

FL

Altamonte Spring

Dr Beltre

866-656-4175

NOTE: Post Date: 3/13/08 6:14 am

CURRENTLY(MARCH 2008) ALL ON THE LIST accept overseas lap band patients, this was validated before adding them on the list.

Note from Bandgroupie/Dawnie:

I haven't personally telephoned any doc on this list but may try to run down a few tomorrow. Found this list on the internet with the note that as of March 2008 they were accepting out of country patients. If anyone gets lucky, please post back and let us know who, where, and how much!

I SWEAR the list looks better in here than it does once posted - you can't see my

You may also want to add Dr. Vitello in chicago, at good samaritan hospital. He did an awesome job and was very informational.

Thanks Bandgroupie,

I wrote to Barix in Langhorne, Pa. and ask if they'd do fills for me and the cost. I'll post what they say. I'm hoping for a fill center closer to home. I wish I could afford to keep going back to Mexico, I love the OCC!! Darlene

Actually I just called Lori and asked if anyone else had used Dr. Beltre in Altamonte Springs, FL (he is about 2 miles from my house). She did not have him on her list, but added him when I told her that he would work with those banded in Mexico. I scheduled my first fill with him for July 31st. She would like me to report my experience to her so she has something to go on should someone else ask.

Cost... Consult and first fill $500. additional fills $100..office visit $50 so it seems pretty reasonable. and with the price of gas..it is MUCH cheaper than going to the fill center about 2 hours away in Tampa. Altamonte Springs is a suburb of Orlando, FL. I will update the forum on my experience after my fill. So far the office staff seem wonderful.

Hello All. I have another one to add that I did not see on this list for individuals in the NW area. Dr. Neal in Lacey & Shelton, Washington. It is $375 for a fill and he only does fills with xray. He will take anyone and was trained by Dr. O. Hope this helps!!

Actually I just called Lori and asked if anyone else had used Dr. Beltre in Altamonte Springs, FL (he is about 2 miles from my house). She did not have him on her list, but added him when I told her that he would work with those banded in Mexico. I scheduled my first fill with him for July 31st. She would like me to report my experience to her so she has something to go on should someone else ask.

Cost... Consult and first fill $500. additional fills $100..office visit $50 so it seems pretty reasonable. and with the price of gas..it is MUCH cheaper than going to the fill center about 2 hours away in Tampa. Altamonte Springs is a suburb of Orlando, FL. I will update the forum on my experience after my fill. So far the office staff seem wonderful.

Just wondering.... are the fills with fluro???

Just wondering.... are the fills with fluro???

The fills are generally without fluro, but it can and will be used if needed. (According to his nurse.)

Thanks for the reply Elaine!

I just recieved a call from Barix Clinic in Laghorne Pa. and the nurses exact words were... " Our surgeons will not touch a patient banded in Mexico!" [i did tell them it was done by Dr. Ortiz] Scratch that one off the list....

Thanks for the reply Elaine!

I just recieved a call from Barix Clinic in Laghorne Pa. and the nurses exact words were... " Our surgeons will not touch a patient banded in Mexico!" [i did tell them it was done by Dr. Ortiz] Scratch that one off the list....

I called too and go the same answer. Alsthough, their offices in Michigan and Ohio will do them. Not sure why the difference, but that is the case.

Did you happen to tell the Pa. one that the Ohio and Mich. WILL do them? Just wondered what their reaction was... It's been a real pain to try to find a doc close by, not sure what I'll do. Unless airline prices start going down, I can't see myself going back to Mexico any time soon. :( I'm not good at driving in strange cities, maybe the bus or train.

Thanks Mona! :)

Did you happen to tell the Pa. one that the Ohio and Mich. WILL do them? Just wondered what their reaction was... It's been a real pain to try to find a doc close by, not sure what I'll do. Unless airline prices start going down, I can't see myself going back to Mexico any time soon. :( I'm not good at driving in strange cities, maybe the bus or train.

Thanks Mona! :)

Actually, they are ones who told me that Ohio and Michigan will do it.

I just made arrangements for fill 2 in Mexico, and it will be my last. I will start going to Mt. Laurel NJ from now on. Actually, had I known Dr. Romero was no longer at OCC I wouldn't have gone back this time. He promised me he would get me right with the second fill, but if he isn't there, he can't do it can he? Plus, I did say I would take my neice for a trip there so I had to go back once more anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey ElaineC, glad to hear your information about Dr. Beltre in Florida. I'm also in Florida and will be banded July 10 by Dr. Ortiz. Like you, I had called the Tampa office and priced their fills. I'm on the East coast of FL, south of Orlando, so Altamonte Springs would be closer for me as well. Where are you located in FL? How was your surgery at OCC? How has post-op diet been going? THat is if you don't mind sharing, I'm so curious since mine is coming soon. And we're both fellow FLoridians! Good luck on your fill and I'll be most interested in your thoughts on him. Feel free to e:mail me at nkswann@yahoo.com.

Please add Dr Maese at 214 234 0330 6170 Sherry Ln. Suite 200 Dallas, TX to your list he is FANTASTIC he charges $300.00 first visit $200.00 fills always uses fluro takes his time and is very very suportive. Plus he is very easy on your eyes. You will not be disappointed. Also you never have to wait long his appointments are seen on time.

Hi Everyone my name is Dr. Luke Mayes. Not only am i a lap band patient, banded 11-23-07 in juarez mexico, i have also become a fill doctor. i keep all of my rates below fill centers rates and a very excited to be centrally located to so many people who no longer have to travel or fly long distances just to get their after care. if you have any questio-ns or would like to come meet -us, please give our office a call or email me. 208-375-9000 or drlukemayes@gmail.com or staff@drlukemayes.com

• 5 weeks later...
Hey ElaineC, glad to hear your information about Dr. Beltre in Florida. I'm also in Florida and will be banded July 10 by Dr. Ortiz. Like you, I had called the Tampa office and priced their fills. I'm on the East coast of FL, south of Orlando, so Altamonte Springs would be closer for me as well. Where are you located in FL? How was your surgery at OCC? How has post-op diet been going? THat is if you don't mind sharing, I'm so curious since mine is coming soon. And we're both fellow FLoridians! Good luck on your fill and I'll be most interested in your thoughts on him. Feel free to e:mail me at nkswann@yahoo.com.

ELAINEC - I LIVE IN EDGEWATER NEAR DAYTONA BEACH DOES THE PACKAGE DEAL INCLUDE AIRFARE AND IS THE FILL DR. IN ALTAMONTE AWARE OF US BEING BANDED IN MEXICO

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I used a WONDERFUL bariatric surgeon in Birmingham, AL yesterday for my 2nd fill. He only charged me $100 for the fill (no flouro) but he said he would use flouro if necessary. He did not charge me a new patient fee and he and his staff treated me well. I called some offices and the receptionists spoke to me like I was mentally insane for being banded in Mx, but not at Dr. DeWitt's office, they were great.

His name is Dr. Andrew DeWitt. He has a website if anyone is interested. Just google his name.

His entire fee for lapband surgery is only $11,500. That is fairly competitive with Mx pricing.