October Surgery Patients

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B) My date has been scheduled for the 10th of October I will be flying in from AZ -----looking for anyone to come along with friend and myself to explore the shpoping area around there I wil be in on October 9th for the pre op things --Cyndi in AZ

Hi Cyndi,

I am also in AZ and will be arriving at the center on Oct 11th and banded on the 12th. Where will you be getting your fills? Do you know how much they cost and how often you have to get them?

Nicole

Is there anyone out there who is getting banded on the 9th of Oct? That is my surgery date. I live in Maryville, TN and I am excited about the surgery. I am nervous, especially after reading some of the posts on this site. I will do my best to follow the program and make sure that I exercise. I had to take out a second on my house to pay for this, since my insurance won't pay. I have enough money for 2 fills and hopefully I will be able to save enough for the rest of them. I will be reading a lot, and I am grateful that this is here so I can avoid some of the situations brought up here. I hope to write a cook book for bandsters, I did buy one from amazon.com along with Dr. Ortiz's book, which I should be getting in a few days. :) Please let me know if someone is getting banded on that day or close to it.

This is my first reply to the forum after reading for weeks. I live in Hendersonville TN, which is 20 miles north of Nashville. I am flying from Nashville to San Diego on Oct. 8 and will be having surgery on the 9th. Are you flying out of Nash? I am flying southwest.

BBUCK

THINK ABOUT JOINING US SUNDAY OCT 8 AT SOUTHCENTER :)

Where is the Southcenter? Is this a restaurant? I will be flying in on Oct 8 for surgery on the 9th.

This is my first reply to the forum after reading for weeks. I live in Hendersonville TN, which is 20 miles north of Nashville. I am flying from Nashville to San Diego on Oct. 8 and will be having surgery on the 9th. Are you flying out of Nash? I am flying southwest.

Where is the Southcenter? Is this a restaurant? I will be flying in on Oct 8 for surgery on the 9th.

WELCOME!!!

MY FOLKED LIVED, FOR ABOUT A YEAR IN HENDERSONVILLE. I WENT BACK AND VISITED A FEW TIMES. THEY LIVED ABOUT A BLOCK FROM THE LAKE THERE. WONDERFUL AREA!!! (WHAT I REALLY REMEMBER WAS IT WAS A DRY COUNTY LOL)

SOUTHCENTER IS A MALL HERE IN THE SEATTLE AREA, A BUNCH OF US ARE MEETING THERE NEXT MONTH FOR A LITTLE GET TOGETHER :)

I am flying out of Knoxville on the 6th to head for a salsa competition, we won the state of TN so we get to go for the world champ. in Omaha on the 7th. I am then flying to San Deigo on the 8th and surgery on the 9th and home on the 11th and hopefully with the trophy and a 1000. check! I will sort of have a trophy with my new band! so I guess I am a winner either way

I am flying out of Knoxville on the 6th to head for a salsa competition, we won the state of TN so we get to go for the world champ. in Omaha on the 7th. I am then flying to San Deigo on the 8th and surgery on the 9th and home on the 11th and hopefully with the trophy and a 1000. check! I will sort of have a trophy with my new band! so I guess I am a winner either way

GOOD LUCK TO YOU CHERYL, SOUNDS LIKE A TON OF FUN!!! :)

Hi Cyndi,

I am also in AZ and will be arriving at the center on Oct 11th and banded on the 12th. Where will you be getting your fills? Do you know how much they cost and how often you have to get them?

Nicole

I will be flying in on the 9th with surgery on Tuesday the 10th - I start my pre op diet on Tuesday of this week - I want to have the extra time to make myself realize this is the start of a new begining for me.....I will probably wait the 6-8 weeks for a fill---I willprobably try to get back b4 the end of the year -mostly cause I don't have a passport yet and I heard possibly at the begining of 2007 they will require one to cross the borders......I will probably see you while you and I are there in tijuana -----I will be the blonde heavy set one looking really nervous lol B):blink:

I made an appointment for Friday, October 13, 2006. I've waited years for this surgery, and it will drain our savings. My husband and I live in the Las Vegas area, and we are driving to Tiajuana. Let me know if we can help anyone.

Lynn Conant/Las Vegas, NV

Lynn , hey when it is time for fills maybe we can meet up and go across the border together----I know i know need to get banded first LOL I will be banded on the 10th good luck to you......

:D

Hi Everyone!

I'm scheduled to have my surgery on Friday, October 27th! I'm very excited about it and am looking forward to a new life! It is a bit discouraging to read a few of the "minimal weight loss" experiences that people have had with this surgery. I hope that doesn't happen to me. I'm looking foward to a consistent weight loss of 5 lbs. a month. Am I being realistic?

Liz

I will be flying in on the 9th with surgery on Tuesday the 10th - I start my pre op diet on Tuesday of this week - I want to have the extra time to make myself realize this is the start of a new begining for me.....I will probably wait the 6-8 weeks for a fill---I willprobably try to get back b4 the end of the year -mostly cause I don't have a passport yet and I heard possibly at the begining of 2007 they will require one to cross the borders......I will probably see you while you and I are there in tijuana -----I will be the blonde heavy set one looking really nervous lol B):blink:

Cyndi,

Thanks for writing back. Where in AZ are you? Maybe we could travel together for fills. I am in Dewey, outside of Prescott.

Nicole

Cyndi,

Thanks for writing back. Where in AZ are you? Maybe we could travel together for fills. I am in Dewey, outside of Prescott.

Nicole

Nicole - see my post for Arizona I put in a topic for Arizona lke the bandsters from thestate of Washington- thought we could see how many we get and if not to far from each other meet up every once in a while or coordinate fill trips or surgery trips for the newbies ------sounds great to me-------- :rolleyes:

Nicole - see my post for Arizona I put in a topic for Arizona lke the bandsters from thestate of Washington- thought we could see how many we get and if not to far from each other meet up every once in a while or coordinate fill trips or surgery trips for the newbies ------sounds great to me-------- :rolleyes:

NICOLE- sorry you asked where I was from..Gold Canyon east of Apache Junction :rolleyes:

Hello October Bandsters,

Is there anyone having surgery the same day as mI am? The 16th is band day for me.

Are there any other 10-16's out there? I live in Southern California so am very lucky to only have a couple hours to drive to get to the pick-up point. How about you?

19 days and counting.

Kevin - CalKev

Hello Bandsters, I will be in from pompano beach florida on 10/23/6 and have the surgery the next day, i am very anxious but ready to start this new "life". I am so sorry to read all the negative post about not loosing weight. My friend had it done in early december of 2005 and is doing quite well. She might come with me and my husband , get a fill and be with me for my surgery. I'll continue to read the forum for oct. so all of you who go before me , good luck , and post when you come home to let us know how you are. Elaine Pompano Beach, florida

Hello October Bandsters,

Is there anyone having surgery the same day as mI am? The 16th is band day for me.

Are there any other 10-16's out there? I live in Southern California so am very lucky to only have a couple hours to drive to get to the pick-up point. How about you?

19 days and counting.

Kevin - CalKev

Hi

I am having mineon the 10th flying in on Monday for pre op

best wishes to you B)

Hi Everyone!

I'm scheduled to have my surgery on Friday, October 27th! I'm very excited about it and am looking forward to a new life! It is a bit discouraging to read a few of the "minimal weight loss" experiences that people have had with this surgery. I hope that doesn't happen to me. I'm looking foward to a consistent weight loss of 5 lbs. a month. Am I being realistic?

Liz

I don't know about you, but it seems like forever away. Once you make the decission the waiting is hard. I am scheduled for the 23rd.

I don't know about you, but it seems like forever away. Once you make the decission the waiting is hard. I am scheduled for the 23rd.

T-Cat, I have shared your feeling of being enveloped in a time warp sequence in reverse. When you start your liquid diet time will slow even more. The only thing that helps me is to continue to educate myself on all that is involved in living the lap band lifestyle and specifically what I can and can

T-Cat,

I understand. I did the same thing for the few weeks before surgery. I ate everything I thought I might not be able to have again, or at least not in the same way (same quantity). It was stupid. Right now, before the first fill, I can still eat anything I want, but I really do need less to be satisfied. I wish I had made better choices in the weeks before surgery, as 5 pounds is so easy to gain, but much harder to lose.

I will be in Tijuana on the 23rd with my aunt for her surgery, and my first fill. I'm sure I will see you there. Good luck.

Becki

Kevin,

I have 3 weeks to go til surgery d-day. I don't think I am in the band frame of mind yet. I think the week I start the preop diet I might get there. Right now I am in panic mode eating everything in sight for fear that I will miss the food.

Barbara

Barbara, First let me give you my motivation to get into the Band Frame of Mind. I take this very seriously. During the last year my father-in-law, a athletic, 62 year old, coded in hospital due to heart problems and kidney failure, among other things. I was calling funeral homes even before he entered the hospital. His wife, 63, was diagnosed and treated for bowel cancer which turned into a staff infection that compromised her vertebrae so much that it is now fused and she has rods in her back and is in constant pain. My Step dad was just diagnosed with Parkinson

Hey Cheryl,

I'll be getting banded on the 3rd of October, almost a full week ahead of you. The best advice I can give right now is to surround yourself with positive support. I'd be scared out of my mind right now but both my parents are coming down with me to support me which helps alot.

As I'm writing this I'm waiting for my webserver to reinstall itself after the hard drive died. *sigh* A pleasant week off is not far away . . . .

Good luck to you!

- Corey

hope your surgery went well!

B) My date has been scheduled for the 10th of October I will be flying in from AZ -----looking for anyone to come along with friend and myself to explore the shpoping area around there I wil be in on October 9th for the pre op things --Cyndi in AZ

Can't wait to see you in TJ!

Barbara, First let me give you my motivation to get into the Band Frame of Mind. I take this very seriously. During the last year my father-in-law, a athletic, 62 year old, coded in hospital due to heart problems and kidney failure, among other things. I was calling funeral homes even before he entered the hospital. His wife, 63, was diagnosed and treated for bowel cancer which turned into a staff infection that compromised her vertebrae so much that it is now fused and she has rods in her back and is in constant pain. My Step dad was just diagnosed with Parkinson

I understand. I did the same thing for the few weeks before surgery. I ate everything I thought I might not be able to have again, or at least not in the same way (same quantity). It was stupid. Right now, before the first fill, I can still eat anything I want, but I really do need less to be satisfied. I wish I had made better choices in the weeks before surgery, as 5 pounds is so easy to gain, but much harder to lose.

I will be in Tijuana on the 23rd with my aunt for her surgery, and my first fill. I'm sure I will see you there. Good luck.

Becki

I know it may not be the smartest thing to do, but at least it is making me feel as though I am so ready for the lap band. Each person has to go through their unique way of presurgery prep. Glad I am not the only one that has done this.