October Surgery Patients

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi. This is my first post on here. I have been reading all of your posts for weeks now. I am so excited to get the band. I am flying in via Southwest from Texas. Anyone else out there scheduled to arrive in San Diego on 10/25/06??

Hi. This is my first post on here. I have been reading all of your posts for weeks now. I am so excited to get the band. I am flying in via Southwest from Texas. Anyone else out there scheduled to arrive in San Diego on 10/25/06??

Yes my surgery is on the 25 but I will be there on the 24th. In a few day (less than a week I will begin the pre op diet. I am excited!

Yes my surgery is on the 25 but I will be there on the 24th. In a few day (less than a week I will begin the pre op diet. I am excited!

JeriB. I will be there on the 24th, getting a fill. So I might see you in the waiting room. It is very exciting to be doing this. Good luck and hope to see you.

Becki

Hi Band Fans. Anybody else going to be at OCC on Oct. 16? This is my surgery date and we will be arriving on the 15th. Four of us (2 patients and 2 family members) are toasting our fast with Perrier at the hotel the night of the 15th. If Perrier doesn't do it for you just join us and pick your own bubbly.

Jitters, no sleep and no food is preop heaven. As you can tell I am totally out of it.

Kevin

My name is Kitty and my surgery date is Oct. 12. My husband & I are flying in from Texas late on the 10th. My surgery will be somewhat more difficult because it is a re-do. In 1981, I had my stomach stapled and it never worked right. I'm 57 now so I figure it's now or never. Good luck to all of you.

Hi Miss Kitty, it's Nicole. It was so nice meeting you and your husband. I wanted to thank you guys for being so supportive to me. You are wonderful people. I hope things work out for you. Please keep me posted. I'd also like to get information on your lodge. We'd like to come visit.

Nicole in AZ

Hello Bandsters. Lynda and I have been banded for life. Yesterday the 16th of October we went through the surgery and both are feeling great this morning.

Look forward to getting home.

To all those thinkiing of joining us on this quest in future. Do It! 40 minutes in and out and just a dull pain in stomach region.

Talk to you when I get back home.! Calkev

Hello Bandsters. Lynda and I have been banded for life. Yesterday the 16th of October we went through the surgery and both are feeling great this morning.

Look forward to getting home.

To all those thinkiing of joining us on this quest in future. Do It! 40 minutes in and out and just a dull pain in stomach region.

Talk to you when I get back home.! Calkev

I am glad that you are doing well!! My surgery is just one week from today!!

Keep us posted!

Hi, I am coming to the center on Oct. 23 and having the surgery on the 24th. I am so scared!! I am coming in from Pompano Beach , fl. where are you coming from? I already heard from someone named Lynn who is having surgery the same day as we are. Good luck to you, and i hope to see you on the 24th. Elaine

I can relate on being scared. I hate reading the posts on lap fill failures, it doesn't give me much hope. It is a lot of money to invest to have things not work out. One of the positive things has been watching another girl at work have such success with her first fill. She didn't have a high BMI and has lost 29 pounds with only 19 more to go to reach her goal weight. She is looking great and she doesn't have a regret one. I have been following her eatting habits and what she is able to tolerate.

Hi Miss Kitty, it's Nicole. It was so nice meeting you and your husband. I wanted to thank you guys for being so supportive to me. You are wonderful people. I hope things work out for you. Please keep me posted. I'd also like to get information on your lodge. We'd like to come visit.

Nicole in AZ

Hi Nicole, it's great to hear from someone, especially you. I have been pretty depressed, unfortunately. My doctor here reviewed my blood report and said my liver is fine so I guess I really don't know why I had the bleeding problem. It's so hard to have gotten that pumped up and wind up with nothing, but I believe the Lord did what he thought was right. Now, I'm really working on losing weight and trying to find out what went wrong. Please write me back and let me know about you and how it's going--I care.

Oh yes, our website here is www.caneycreeklodge.net --hope you check it out.

Kitty in Texas

The time is coming near, I hope we can all give each other the support and kindness we need that day and after. The preop diet has been hard just drinking slimfast shakes, I broke down and had a salad yesterday. My God bless us all and keep us strong to make this life changing journey.

We will all do great!! This is definately a life changing journey, and we can all do it together!

Is anyone else flying in on Sunday? We decided to come in a day early so we could get some shopping in!

October Surgeries - Have no fear you are well taken care of and will all come through it feeling great! I had my surgery on Monday the 16th and was doing so well was released to go home on Tuesday though I do live only a couple hours from the clinic. The staff are wonderful and caring as well as top notch in their fields. The facilities are spotless and constantly being sanitized Every step is explained and re-explained so you are comfortable with what your next one will be. When you arrive talk to the others in the lobby and get to know them because within hours you will be walking with them down the clinic halls, I.V. pole in hand in your gown or robe if you bring one. Each encouraged the others to walk and then we had time in the evening to chat. Phones in room call U.S. at no charge just dial 84, 85, or 86 then 1 area code and number. Sprint cell phones worked, verizon ell phones were spotty at best. You have a flat panel tv over your bed with 100 channels and yes most are in english.

As for the hotel it had superb security but if you want any extras you need to have tip money on hand. Another patient needed a refrigerator and microwave and they were obliged but only with a tip to seal the deal.

As for my recovery I am driving and going to a couple of appointments as well as the store and taking cat naps in between to recharge the energy cells. Dull pain in abdomen but slept on stomach last night with no issues at all. Best of Luck to you all.... though you won't need luck as there will be many working to hard to make you comfortable going through the process.

I will be flying in on Sunday, the 22nd, at about 5:30 pm. I had surgery in August, and am coming for my first fill and to be with my aunt who is having surgery on Monday, the 23rd. I will be having my fill on the 24th. I hope to meet lots more wonderful people there. So watch for me, I look forward to meeting you all.

Becki

I agree with CalKev. I had surgery yesterday and am feeling great today. Everyone here is so friendly and helpful. Not to mention very professional. I have felt that I am in great medical hands the entire time I have been here. The nurses are very kind and caring. The doctors spent a lot of time talking to me prior to the surgery. I would recommend the Obesity Control Center to anyone who is serious about using the band as a tool to change their life.

The plasma televisions in the room are wonderful. They are hooked up to DircTV and have lots of channels to choose from. The bed is very comfortable.

I will be flying in on Sunday, the 22nd, at about 5:30 pm. I had surgery in August, and am coming for my first fill and to be with my aunt who is having surgery on Monday, the 23rd. I will be having my fill on the 24th. I hope to meet lots more wonderful people there. So watch for me, I look forward to meeting you all.

Becki

We will probably be back at the Lucerne when you fly in, our plane come in at 10:00 that morning. We will be looking for you!

ONLY 3 MORE DAYS!

We will probably be back at the Lucerne when you fly in, our plane come in at 10:00 that morning. We will be looking for you!

ONLY 3 MORE DAYS!

NinnyEd, the next 3 days will feel much longer than your time at OCC. It is so fast that you will be going home before your anticipation can catch up. Have a safe trip and successful stay at OCC! Kevin

Calkev,

Glad to hear everything went so well for you. Gives the rest of us hope and encouragement. Can't believe my plane leaves out tomorrow. Oh my the day is near.

tuesdaythecat, You will actually enjoy the trip. I was so excited to have the surgery at OCC that my anxiety dropped like a rock. Dr. Ortiz and his staff are so knowledgable, professional and show so much care for each patient you can't help but feel pampered. Each staff member gives %110 just like Lori has during your arrangement stage. This last friday I decided to schedule my first fill in late December. When I emailed Rene he responded within 15 minutes and we had the appointment set by a couple more emails within 30 minutes total. You will love your nurses Carmella and Josepha. They will keep checking on you to make sure you are doing well.

I am 6 days out from my surgery and am doing great. My incisions are healing well and starting to feel itchy as they do. All I have needed is some Gas-X to help rid my body of the Co2 that was used in surgery to blow me up so to speak and some chewable childrens advil for a dull pain in my abdomen which continues to subside with each day that goes by. And I can't say enough for getting to know the other patients scheduled for surgery on your day. The bonding and sharing between you will help motivate you to recover as you compare what you are feeling after surgery. Also If family are going with you they will tend to do the same as they are all in the same boat. Enjoy your trip to better health! Calkev

tuesdaythecat, You will actually enjoy the trip. I was so excited to have the surgery at OCC that my anxiety dropped like a rock. Dr. Ortiz and his staff are so knowledgable, professional and show so much care for each patient you can't help but feel pampered. Each staff member gives %110 just like Lori has during your arrangement stage. This last friday I decided to schedule my first fill in late December. When I emailed Rene he responded within 15 minutes and we had the appointment set by a couple more emails within 30 minutes total. You will love your nurses Carmella and Josepha. They will keep checking on you to make sure you are doing well.

I am 6 days out from my surgery and am doing great. My incisions are healing well and starting to feel itchy as they do. All I have needed is some Gas-X to help rid my body of the Co2 that was used in surgery to blow me up so to speak and some chewable childrens advil for a dull pain in my abdomen which continues to subside with each day that goes by. And I can't say enough for getting to know the other patients scheduled for surgery on your day. The bonding and sharing between you will help motivate you to recover as you compare what you are feeling after surgery. Also If family are going with you they will tend to do the same as they are all in the same boat. Enjoy your trip to better health! Calkev

CalKev, I am so glad to hear you did so well !!! I am going on the 23th and having surgery on 24th , I am anxious and hoping for good results. I am on the preop, but I thought Dr Miranda told me to eat 1 Lean Cuisuine for lunch every other day. I did that and I am not so hungry. I hope I did the right thing, i read where every one is drinking Slim fast. Oh well , I drink only slim fast until tomorrow and then a complete fast on monday for the blood work. I did loose weight during this pre op time. Again , Thanks for all your support and congratulations on your successful banding , keep up the good attitude. Elaine

Calkev,

Glad to hear everything went so well for you. Gives the rest of us hope and encouragement. Can't believe my plane leaves out tomorrow. Oh my the day is near.

Tuesdaythecat, congratulations on a good banding . I am so glad to hear you had a good experience. I leave Monday and will have surgery tuesday. Elaine