SEPTEMBER SURGERIES AND FILLS

The summer is flying by and soon autumn will be here. Where has the year gone? For those who have scheduled their lap-band surgery or fills in September, this is the post to meet with your future "Bandster Buddies" and start that new life long relationship. So,, post your date when your going to be at the OCC. Having lap-band surgery is a new start to your future,, It will be a new you and with new friends!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The summer is flying by and soon autumn will be here. Where has the year gone? For those who have scheduled their lap-band surgery or fills in September, this is the post to meet with your future "Bandster Buddies" and start that new life long relationship. So,, post your date when your going to be at the OCC. Having lap-band surgery is a new start to your future,, It will be a new you and with new friends!

My husband Charlie and I are scheduled for Sept 19th, I just bought our airline tickets. So now it is getting scarry. Anyone going on the 19th? ><'

:rolleyes:Hi...I'm scheduled for banding on 9/18/08 at OCC. Wish me luck. I'm very nervous.

Rexy16

I am scheduled for my surgery on September 4th, I'll be flying in on the 3rd for the Pre-op tests. If anyone will be there during that time, feel free to contact me.

I joined this forum a few weeks ago and I read through the posts every day, everyone has been so helpful with all of their stories and the tips they have shared. I actually am not very nervous at all because I feel like I know what to expect now that I've heard so many positive stories.

Thanks to all!

Christina

:rolleyes:Hi...I'm scheduled for banding on 9/18/08 at OCC. Wish me luck. I'm very nervous.

Rexy16

We fly in on the 18th and will have surgery the 19th, maybe we will see you there. I will be with the guy who looks kinda like santa claus. HA! kidding

We fly in on the 18th and will have surgery the 19th, maybe we will see you there. I will be with the guy who looks kinda like santa claus. HA! kidding

Hi Stormy....I'll be there a day before you, so I'll keep an eye out for you. I get my lap-band on Sept. 18th.

See you soon and good luck. Rexy16

Guest CaraMBA09

HIIII

I will be AT OCC September 14th-17th (banding on 15th)

My aunt and I just bought our tickets last night!

I am soo excited!! not one bit of nervousness...I am so tired of being looked at like the pretty fat girl in the group here at work. I just look forward to all the freedom this is going to bring. I love all the wisdom and help I have been reading on this site...thanks for helping us newbies!

Cara

My husband Charlie and I are scheduled for Sept 19th, I just bought our airline tickets. So now it is getting scarry. Anyone going on the 19th? ><'

I don't come down until October, but Sept 19th is my birthday so i'll be thinking of you all! Exciting!!

Speaking of exciting...this is my first post!!! My trip seems a ways away, but it will come up before I know it. Getting my airline tickets this week before they go up anymore. Bleh gas prices!

Best of luck to everyone!!!

Guest CaraMBA09

FYI

Southwest Airlines has special deals right now the last two weeks of September if anyone has to get a fill. I got my roundtrip ticket from Seattle to San Diego for $220.00....crazy huh?!

Husband is going in for dental work on September 22 around noon, so I will probably be there too. Right now I am trying to contact Dr Quiroz for a plastic surgery consult which I would like to schedule for the same day, but he hasn't replied yet.

CaraMBA, we are down in Gig Harbor right now visiting clynn, and are going over to UP tomorrow to have dinner with friends. Glad to hear someone else from this area is going to see Dr. Ortiz. Does your aunt live around here too?

Guest CaraMBA09
Husband is going in for dental work on September 22 around noon, so I will probably be there too. Right now I am trying to contact Dr Quiroz for a plastic surgery consult which I would like to schedule for the same day, but he hasn't replied yet.

CaraMBA, we are down in Gig Harbor right now visiting clynn, and are going over to UP tomorrow to have dinner with friends. Glad to hear someone else from this area is going to see Dr. Ortiz. Does your aunt live around here too?

Is Clynn in GH?? holy moly. I love that...if so, she is 10 minutes away from me. My aunt lives in Port Orchard. Now clynn has no excuses to not get together with me! ;)

FYI on the plastic surgery thing, check the Plastic surgery section of the board...apparently a Dr. NYTE in Maple Valley has GREAT prices AND he has done Lisal and Queenie

Is Clynn in GH?? holy moly. I love that...if so, she is 10 minutes away from me. My aunt lives in Port Orchard. Now clynn has no excuses to not get together with me! ;)

FYI on the plastic surgery thing, check the Plastic surgery section of the board...apparently a Dr. NYTE in Maple Valley has GREAT prices AND he has done Lisal and Queenie

Yup, she is a GH girl. Lived there all of her life. Have you ever gone to the Port Orchard support group? They are somewhat affiliated with Fill Management Northwest, I think.

I saw the PS thread. We are actually down in Arizona more than in Washington, so it is just as easy for me to get it done in Mexico. I'm going to do a little price comparison and see what I can afford to get done. Arms are #1 on my list right now, then legs, then chin, then boobs (maybe boobs are actually #2) then tummy then . . .

i am scheduled for my first fill on sept 2nd. anyone else there that day??

grace

Oh wow, i just scheduled my surgery for Sept 3!!! I am new to this whole thing and am hoping to get some encouraging news from other banders. I have been overweight all my life and have tried and failed EVERY diet i have ever tried. i am now at the highest I have ever been and am ready for a life changing event. i realize that the band is only a tool and not the miracle cure but in the back of my mind, I still feel like I will fail this too. Do others feel this way as well? i really am beginning to get nervous....I love food.

Guest CaraMBA09

first of all, you have to change your mindset...pronto!

You will do this and this will work. There are amazing people on this blog who were a huge reason I finally decided to go this route after fighting my weight for 10 years. I had been thinking of and researching the band for 3 months before committing myself.

The band will work if you work it...I highly recommend you spend time daily going through all the comments, questions and statements.

I am getting banded September 15th and cannot wait. I am looking forward to that skinny girl inside waiting to get out!

best of luck

Cara

Oh wow, i just scheduled my surgery for Sept 3!!! I am new to this whole thing and am hoping to get some encouraging news from other banders. I have been overweight all my life and have tried and failed EVERY diet i have ever tried. i am now at the highest I have ever been and am ready for a life changing event. i realize that the band is only a tool and not the miracle cure but in the back of my mind, I still feel like I will fail this too. Do others feel this way as well? i really am beginning to get nervous....I love food.

Hi Doinitagann,

I'll be there on the 3rd for Pre-op stuff and then surgery on the 4th. Maybe we'll see each other!! Hang in there, and think positive. There is so much wonderful feedback from the vets on this forum. I too have failed at every diet and have been successful a few times at loosing weight but just gain it all back and then some. I finally hit bottom and decided I needed more help then my own will power and so here I am. This forum is so supportive and it seems that many people on here get their motivation from others in the same boat, I know I do!!

Good Luck on your surgery!!

Hi Doinitagann,

I'll be there on the 3rd for Pre-op stuff and then surgery on the 4th. Maybe we'll see each other!! Hang in there, and think positive. There is so much wonderful feedback from the vets on this forum. I too have failed at every diet and have been successful a few times at loosing weight but just gain it all back and then some. I finally hit bottom and decided I needed more help then my own will power and so here I am. This forum is so supportive and it seems that many people on here get their motivation from others in the same boat, I know I do!!

Good Luck on your surgery!!

[/fo

It would be so wonderful to have someone there that is going thru same thing I am. good luck to you, Maybe we will see you there, I am the big fat one :P

[/fo

It would be so wonderful to have someone there that is going thru same thing I am. good luck to you, Maybe we will see you there, I am the big fat one :P

LOL You might have to be more specific... it IS the Obesity Control Center we'll be at so it might be a little hard to pick you out of the crowd!

LOL You might have to be more specific... it IS the Obesity Control Center we'll be at so it might be a little hard to pick you out of the crowd!

My name is Heidi and i am blonde, blu eyed. I have a shorter hair cut,(was suppose to look somewhat like Posh spice but i don't-go figure) :-? Anyway. i will be with my mom and she is a bit nervous about being in TJ alone one night. SHe has been there before and remembers the market area. She could use a friend. Thanks again for all the positive fb on this site, it is amazing!!!!