Home from Surgery

Hey everyone, I just arrived home from Tj and I just have one major question to start. I feel like my stomach is on fire. Just that acidy burning feeling. Is this normal? I keep getting random feelings of pressure like something is stuck and I assume this is the gas. But I seem to have constant burning. Please tell me this gets better. What can I do to help the burning feeling?

That sounds terrible. Are you any better? Did you call the OCC? I wonder what that is? Please let me know, in case I get it.

Some people get acid much worse after surgery. Drink lots of water to dilute the acid it and even take some tums. That should help. If not, then I would call the OCC. I did have lots of acid after surgery and drinking mroe helped. This could be the case especially if you are drinking lots of juice. Apple juice for me was avery acidy in my stomach.

Good luck and please let us know how you are !!

Hey Jessica...I'm so sorry you are having problems. I remember you saying your back hurt right when you just came back from surgery. I think I had some gas pain in my shoulder, but I'm not positive what I'm feeling really so assume that everything that I am feeling is gas. I hope that by the time you read this you will have called the OCC and gotten some help. Keep me posted and get better! ><'

Hi Jessica,

I don't know about the acidy feeling since I didn't have it but I remember being so worried at everything after the surgery because I didn't want to mess something up. I'd call them at the OCC since when I have emailed it has taken a few days to get a reply. I hope it goes away soon, sending hugs your way!!!

I just remembered that I felt that way too. But it was because my stomach was so empty. Make sure you are drinking your broths and stuff. I ate popscicles alot during thiose first few days. The day I was aloud to have the drinkable yogurt I felt like I ate a turkey dinner. Finally, my tummy had something of substance in there. Even if it was just for a lilttle bit. You are in the tuff part right now. You will get through it. It is hard but worht it.

Hi everyone! ;)

I've not checked in for while but am doing much better now since surgery on 8/4. I, too, had that burning sensation and even eating scrambled eggs burned my stomach. Between that and the gas pains, I too wondered if I messed something up.

But I'm happy to say the burning and gas have now passed and it took three weeks! Hang in there, it does get better and now I feel almost normal again. I just have to remember to CHEW as odd as that sounds. I almost always get the first bite or two stuck just to remind me real quick! One day I'll learn! :wacko:

Best of luck to the newbies!

Terr

Thanks everyone. I wasn't on for a couple of days because I really felt yucky. But today I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. The burning acidy feeling in my stomach is starting to settle and disappear. I still have the gas pains but I think even they are getting better. I think it really was do to lack of food in my stomach. I was not even interested in anything, but made myself drink something every few hours to help. Today, I ate yogurt, since the paperwork says I can have yogurt on day 4. But I am nervous even about that, not wanting to screw up the band. So I ate it very very slowly. So I am confidant that each day I will feel better and better. Thanks a bunch