Just got home from the OCC

vix

Hey everyone! You were all right! Everyone was absolutely fantastic and the entire trip from start to finish has been just fabulous! The hotel was beautiful and relaxing and the experience at the OCC was even beyond what you all had said! The only slightly discouraging thing about the entire experience was that I was with a group of about 7 or 8 of us who all had the surgery last Friday and I was the dead last of the bunch to get in. It was a bit of a wait, but it was ok because the people who had the surgery the day before were coming out into the room we were all sitting in and we could ask them questions and they all looked great! I got in about 2:30 for my surgery (having been waiting since 7) and the surgery only took about 20 minutes. By 5:30 I was doing so well that they let me return to the hotel with my husband. I had a wonderful nights sleep in the hotel and then the next day got up and went to the mall and walked for 6 hours. I will admit that I had some discomfort today (probably from so much walking yesterday) and being in an airplane for 3 1/2 hours, but overall the experience was far FAR better and beyond what I ever imagined!

I came back across the border with a couple from Orlando and she was there for her first fill. She gave me a lot of little tips that I will pass on to everyone as I remember them (my mind is still a bit fuzzy....I still feel like I am in a dream)...but one of the things she told me about was using a warm compress or heating pad on the abdominal area where the port is. On our way home from the airport, my husband and I stopped at Target and bought a heating pad and I am using it on the low setting right now and it's just SOOOO wonderful...it feels fantastic!

I will write more tomorrow, but wanted to tell everyone how wonderful my experience has been and again, how much I appreciate everyone. My husband actually ended up LOVING the trip and he has been such a sweetheart to me...waiting on me hand and foot and supporting me...truly...it's all been such a beautiful experience! :D

:lb9: :lb10: :lb21: :party:

So glad to hear that you're doing well!! I hate to say I told you so, but we told you so!! ><'

I love going back there for my fills [just wish Dr. O could get us deals on our airline tickets... hint, hint!]

Keep up the walking and make sure you get enough to drink. Congrats again, Darlene

I am so excited for you. It's hard to believe how easy it is until you get there. My tips are, keep up the walking but do get your rest. You might be weaker during the 3 weeks just because you will have a hard time getting in the calories. Do not worry about getting in to many calories right now. However, do not eat solids. They will sabatoge you in the future. I ate tons of popscicles. I also got wonton soup from chinese take-out restraunts but told them no wontons. It was delicious. Great for your frst week and so yummy. Make sure you have your protien shakes ready and yougurt. Congrats.

Vix,

Congrats on getting to OCC! I've been reading you for a few weeks now so am glad that things went so well. After a month out, I am finally starting to feel pretty good. The gas and burning stomach were the worst for me and it made eating hard but finally is now easier. We should be getting our first fill at the end of the month.

Hang in there, and best of luck! :cheerleader:

Thanks guys for all of the best wishes! I am getting fairly sick of the clear liquids, but I've only got 3 days, so I can make it. It seriously all though is still like a dream! I'm just so excited to be starting off with my new life..;)

Vix~

I am so glad you had such a wonderful experience! I loved my trip down there..felt like a vacation instead of surgery! LOL

Welcome to Bandland and I am looking forward to seeing your transformation! Be sure to take lots of before pics.

Doing great! This is my 5th day post surgery and my best day yet! I did get a lot of photos (well actually my husband did) and will be posting them in the next couple of days. I thought it would help the new people as well as bring back memories for the old faithfuls. I'm so happy I did this... :D

Oh...and I haven't weighed myself yet because I wanted to wait til one week postop, so Friday is the big day...;)

Hi Vix,

Congrats- you well on your way now! We have surgery in less than two weeks. Any advice that you may have that made the sugery easier and anything you did during your first few days after surgery would be very helpful. I read somewhere that a woman placed a warm compress on the area near the port and that helped with the pain.

Thanks,

Tara

Vix-Thank you so much for sharing your experience.

It has helped relieve some anxiety that I'm feeling.

And thank you for letting us know about the heating pad.

I look forward to your pictures and hearing more from you.

Tara2sassy4u and I get banded on the 12th. Not far away.

Take care,

Tara :-h

Yes DEFINITELY the heating pad helps! Also, for some reason for me I always started off with something warm like warm broth or warm diluted apple juice seemed to feel better going down first for me. I know they say that some people get gas with warm liquids, but I didn't. Also, instead of the bouillon cubes, I bought the Top Ramen noodles and took out the seasoning packets and used these in hot water instead of the bouillon. They had more flavor! The hotel rooms have the coffeemakers, so you can make yourself hot water easily and get your broth that way.

I'm so happy for you 2 Taras and can't wait to hear from you on your experience. I think that the best thing that you can do for yourself is to keep a positive attitude. If you do that, I think you will sail through easily! Take care... :)