Not doing too well

I don't feel well enough to type too much. I havn't been able to keep much down since yesterday. Yes I can keep some liquids down, just barely sipping it though. I have tried 2 times to eat something solid and had maybe like 1-2 tsp. chewed thoroughly and to liquid form. I am miserable from sliming and Pbing from these 2 attempts. I feel terrible right now. My blood sugar is low and I need to take my medicine. I just took a few sips of juice with 1 pill at a time over like 30 minutes and feel like pbing again. I'm very worried I am too tight. Being saturday night back home in portland there's not much I can do yet except ride it out. I have a terrible headache also. I sure hope I am going to be ok. I hope this calms down tonight. I can't even lay down as stuff gurgles up right now. I was able to have a small smoothie from Jamba juice at the airport tonight, like 8 ounces of liquid so I know liquid will go down. I drank it over an hour very slowly. Now though I am sliming on water.

Thanks for letting me vent a little and maybe there is something I am missing I could do to make this better. Maybe I should try the warm water, it helped this morning. I know if it stay like this I will have to call the clinic on Monday.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The same thing happened to me. Just go back on fluids for a few days and slowly add things back in. Start with protien shakes, than soft foods like soup and even soupy mashed potato's. It took me almost 2 to 3 weeks. I still can not do french fries which makes no sense to me. You have to learn to eat all over again everytime you get a fill.

That sounds terrible. I hope you are going to be ok. From what I understand each fill you have to go back on liquids for a while. That is what I hate about it but I only feel that way because I am on liquids right now but, I am sure it can't be for that long. I would go back to full liquids and remember that gatorade, that saved me. You dont want to get low and dehydrated. You'll get sick. I know exactly what you mean about your pills. I have had to risk PB taking mine. I have to have mine. I hope your going to be ok, call me if you need to talk.

Julie:

I had my second fill 9/13/08 and I'm still struggling. Mornings are the worst for me, sometimes I can't even get my coffee down, it sits in a lump right in between and a little above my breasts. It's 11:20 a.m. here in California and I'm trying to get a Yoplait down and it's giving me problems.

At night I try and eat a small salad and some protein and I have problems with that too; sometimes it's so bad I throw it out and grab a yogurt - this puts me in tears because I am hungry and the dinner looks and smells so good. It's very frustrating, but I've decided to give it a couple more weeks to see if it relaxes a little - I hope so, I would hate to get an unfill.

I'm slimming and/or pbing at least once a day. I have 2.5 cc in my 4cc band.

Hang in there girl, I hope for both of us it gets better!

Suzanna

Update: I had a terrible night. I woke up 2 times choking on my own spit and left over smoothie from the day before at 4pm. I feel terrible today. My throat and stomach hurt so bad. I just heated up a cup of water and am going to sip it slowly so I can take my necessary pills this AM. I am trying to be optimistic and just play it safe for sure and only sip slowly on liquids for a few days. Even with each sip I burp and it hurts. I hope I can go to work tomorrow. That's 24 hours so maybe I'll turn around by then.

On a bright note while I was in TJ I met some great folks. David aka Cujo aka Nicole"s husband was whom I met first at the OCC. We also rode in the van together back to the airport and ran into each other a few times at the hotel. OICU812 whose name is slipping my tired mind (sorry) I met also in the restaurant with his daughter. Each of the guys got their 1st fill. Both these guys were great to meet and have a chance to talk to. It's interesting to visit with men about the band and their perspective.

In the van back I met Gwenda from Vancouver Washington (literally about 10 minutes from my house) and boy did we have fun at the airport. She has only posted a few times here. She had her first fill. We found out we have alot in common and just talked the whole 2 hours we waited. We even changed our seats so we could sit by each other on the flight home. We've exchanged info to keep in touch. She even called to check on me last night.

So the trip was great except for the misery it has brought. I am really hoping this will just pass as the swelling goes down and to not give it too much power over me. I really want this to me my "sweet spot" even if it starts out "sour"!! I will let you know how the day goes.

Thanks Dawn, Kim, and Cathy for your well wishes.

Julie:

I had my second fill 9/13/08 and I'm still struggling. Mornings are the worst for me, sometimes I can't even get my coffee down, it sits in a lump right in between and a little above my breasts. It's 11:20 a.m. here in California and I'm trying to get a Yoplait down and it's giving me problems.

At night I try and eat a small salad and some protein and I have problems with that too; sometimes it's so bad I throw it out and grab a yogurt - this puts me in tears because I am hungry and the dinner looks and smells so good. It's very frustrating, but I've decided to give it a couple more weeks to see if it relaxes a little - I hope so, I would hate to get an unfill.

I'm slimming and/or pbing at least once a day. I have 2.5 cc in my 4cc band.

Hang in there girl, I hope for both of us it gets better!

Suzanna

Sorry you are struggling too. It does help to know though what others are going through. I too plan to hang in there because I can get water down. This morning as I maybe said already I am soooo tight. I have had 2 sips of warm water and am burping that. My whole esopheagus is on fire from all the pbing yesterday. I have 2.8 cc in the 4 cc band. I was surprised to get so much.

Thanks for your input and keep in touch.

Hi Julie. I know what your going through, I had the same thing happen after my second fill, I lived like that for a week before going back to

have some taken out. I was told it would not have gotten any better and could have caused my band to slip. However there are others on here

that rode it out and it did get better. Luckily for me my fill was local (2 hrs. away) Hope you start to feel better soon.

Hi Julie. I know what your going through, I had the same thing happen after my second fill, I lived like that for a week before going back to

have some taken out. I was told it would not have gotten any better and could have caused my band to slip. However there are others on here

that rode it out and it did get better. Luckily for me my fill was local (2 hrs. away) Hope you start to feel better soon.

Thanks Linda for the well wishes. I do worry that it won't get better. I certainly don't want to risk a band slippage. I am going to wait and see but most likely will at least call the OCC tomorrow if I am not better. I don't want to be stupid about this and ruin anything.

I would call OCC if you can't keep even liquids down. Hubby and I are checking into a place in Olympia WA, I guess we are afraid to go that far and have something happen. But I know from what I seen at OCC, they would help you if you called them. I worry about you... Are you keeping any liquid down at all? Have you had some gatorade? Dont get dehydrated, trust me that does not feel good.

I would call OCC if you can't keep even liquids down. Hubby and I are checking into a place in Olympia WA, I guess we are afraid to go that far and have something happen. But I know from what I seen at OCC, they would help you if you called them. I worry about you... Are you keeping any liquid down at all? Have you had some gatorade? Dont get dehydrated, trust me that does not feel good.

Thanks so much for the concern. As of now I have about 3/4 of a cup of warm water that I've sipped on and kept down. Just a little burping and gurgling but so far so good. I did manage to take my morning pills too. My pouch area feels stuffed and like theres a lump in my chest but they are staying down. thank goodness because I have to take my pills, like you. thanks for reminding me of the gatorade. I'll sip on that next. We keep that around for my husband because he needs it for when he works. We do keep the low cal version of it so that's good too.

I'm going to lay down again here in a little while. Maybe later today I'll give you a buzz if my throat feels better. How's your sore throat? What delicious liquids are you having today? How's Charlie doing? What about Devin? We do have alot to talk about so I'll really try to give you a call. Just don't answer if you don't feel like talking, I understand.

Hugs to you both

PS I'll be curious about the Olympia place. Let me know.

Thanks so much for the concern. As of now I have about 3/4 of a cup of warm water that I've sipped on and kept down. Just a little burping and gurgling but so far so good. I did manage to take my morning pills too. My pouch area feels stuffed and like theres a lump in my chest but they are staying down. thank goodness because I have to take my pills, like you. thanks for reminding me of the gatorade. I'll sip on that next. We keep that around for my husband because he needs it for when he works. We do keep the low cal version of it so that's good too.

I'm going to lay down again here in a little while. Maybe later today I'll give you a buzz if my throat feels better. How's your sore throat? What delicious liquids are you having today? How's Charlie doing? What about Devin? We do have alot to talk about so I'll really try to give you a call. Just don't answer if you don't feel like talking, I understand.

Hugs to you both

PS I'll be curious about the Olympia place. Let me know.

Today we are having a wonder display of yummy num nums. For breakfast, we had a wonderful slimfast, ah so wonderful for the tongue, melts in the mouth, HA! for lunch, we are having the wonderful chicken broth with only the thought of crackers. Oh ya lets not forget the chocolate milk shake. For Dinner, maybe a wonderful display of beef broth, with a hint of salt. Oh and of course, the gatorade to wash it all down. In between for a little flair, I think we may have a liquid yogart to settle the stomach, my favorite, the strawberry banana. Meanwhile, my son is having chicken strips and french fries and I will even enjoy watching him dip them in ketchup. HA HA HA! The wonderful joy of liquid diet. But I have lost 5 pounds, that is nice. Charlie is doing well and Devin is playing video games. He is bored today.

Great job Stormy, that's the way to do it - I use to chew my broth to make it through.

Julie, I have gone on warm liquids for 3 days and my tight fill eased up - but you have to be careful - I do not PB, and nothing comes up - that's the rule - if it does its too tight and time for an unfill. (to date I still have not had one and my guess is I never will since I've had most of my fill removed and pretty much eat just smaller than normal now)

I know some that they think part of the band is to PB, throw up - its not, if you have a good fill it means you eat small amounts and learn portain control.

Best of luck!

Great job Stormy, that's the way to do it - I use to chew my broth to make it through.

Julie, I have gone on warm liquids for 3 days and my tight fill eased up - but you have to be careful - I do not PB, and nothing comes up - that's the rule - if it does its too tight and time for an unfill. (to date I still have not had one and my guess is I never will since I've had most of my fill removed and pretty much eat just smaller than normal now)

I know some that they think part of the band is to PB, throw up - its not, if you have a good fill it means you eat small amounts and learn portain control.

Best of luck!

Are we required to have a fill? What if the band itself makes you eat less and you are happy with that? I am new at this and I am just wondering.

Are we required to have a fill? What if the band itself makes you eat less and you are happy with that? I am new at this and I am just wondering.

NICE POST LISA, ALOT DON'T GET THAT AND RISK SLIPPAGE LIKE MY FRIEND DID

YOUR NOT REQUIRED TO HAVE A FILL AND SOME DO HAVE RESTRICTION WITHOUT A FILL BUT IN MOST CASES, YOU'LL NEED ONE OR TWO OR.....

I feel for you Julie. I've been there myself. After my 3rd adn 4th fills, I could not keep fluid down, but then it got bette. Now with my 4th fill (I have a total of 3.5cc in a 4cc band), it is alittle weird. Most mornings I have a hard time eating yogurt and granola. It will usually take me about 2 hours to get it all down. Lunch is usually tough, but by supper time I do fine. Sometimes I feel like I don't get full, which is really strange to me. I thought about an unfill, but............at night things are so different. Here it is 4:00pm today and I am finally able to eat alittle.

BE CAREFUL, I know how scarry it is and band slippage is ALWAYS a concern. Keep us posted on your progress.

Hey Stormy,

When I was at OCC they said some people may not need a fill for 6 months or more. So maybe you will do fine without a fill. Everyone is soo different. Best of luck!

Sorry you're not feeling well Julie. Could breathing in that diesel fuel at the border affected you? I was starting to get a little queasy there myself.

It was great meeting you and hope things improve. I'm still on liquids but can start to eat solids tomorrow. I hopeit won't be too tight.

Cheers

Hi Julie

I had a fill on the 10th of this month a been very tight up until yesterday.

I actually booked an unfill which I may cancel as it has been 2 days without sliming or PBing.

Stay on fluids for a few days and see how you go.

Feel better.

Try and get ahold of some clear protein (bariatric eating.com) (protein "bullets") and add it to water. And cold liquid if you can tolerate it will do a lot more for the swelling than warm water. You need to constantly sip water so you do not get dehydrated and if you get sleepy or dizzy, or are not hardly peeing, you need to go to the hospital. I feel for you. Ellen

Sorry you're not feeling well Julie. Could breathing in that diesel fuel at the border affected you? I was starting to get a little queasy there myself.

It was great meeting you and hope things improve. I'm still on liquids but can start to eat solids tomorrow. I hopeit won't be too tight.

Cheers

I wondered about that diesel too. I know my headache came back and all I've been doing is sleep today. thanks for your well wishes.

Hi Julie

I had a fill on the 10th of this month a been very tight up until yesterday.

I actually booked an unfill which I may cancel as it has been 2 days without sliming or PBing.

Stay on fluids for a few days and see how you go.

Feel better.

I love your new pic Nicole. You can really see your face and how thin you really are!!

David is a keeper for sure. Except maybe when you are crossing the border, be careful he doesn't leave you!!!

Try and get ahold of some clear protein (bariatric eating.com) (protein "bullets") and add it to water. And cold liquid if you can tolerate it will do a lot more for the swelling than warm water. You need to constantly sip water so you do not get dehydrated and if you get sleepy or dizzy, or are not hardly peeing, you need to go to the hospital. I feel for you. Ellen

Thanks for the reminder of the protein bullets. I actually have 2 in my fridge now from an order I placed awhile ago.

You are right about the cold to help the swelling, glad you mentioned it to me.

I slept almost all day today. I think though it's normal for me as my trip and the results have been rather exhausting.

I feel for you Julie. I've been there myself. After my 3rd adn 4th fills, I could not keep fluid down, but then it got bette. Now with my 4th fill (I have a total of 3.5cc in a 4cc band), it is alittle weird. Most mornings I have a hard time eating yogurt and granola. It will usually take me about 2 hours to get it all down. Lunch is usually tough, but by supper time I do fine. Sometimes I feel like I don't get full, which is really strange to me. I thought about an unfill, but............at night things are so different. Here it is 4:00pm today and I am finally able to eat alittle.

BE CAREFUL, I know how scarry it is and band slippage is ALWAYS a concern. Keep us posted on your progress.

Thanks Tanya for sharing where you are. Yes I will just take it a day at a time to figure this out.

Best of luck!

Thanks Lisa for the tips. Yes I know this is tricky business. I don't want to jeopardize all the way I have come. So far today no sliming or pbing, but then again I've only had like 10 ounces of water. While I was napping I did wake up twice with some regurge in my mouth and had to be careful not to choke, that's what's not so good. I think though I had taken a few sips of gatorade while I was laying down and then went to sleep and gravity just didn't help it to go down. Day by day and I will heed your wisdom. I am not one who thinks it's normal to PB, and I won't let this go on if I do.