Taz's Step Challenge

OK, so last night I bought my 3rd pedometer in about a week and a half! This time, I bought a 1 year warranty on this bad boy! So i'm in starting in the morning. I don't walk much at work, so this week my goal is to get on the treadmill 3-4 times this week. I have to work late both Tues and Wed night, but all the other nights i'm going to gets some walking in.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTG Jann! That is just AWESOME! Goodness me, you are inspiring me to really tread on more!

Yesterday I did 19,689 and today did 19,893. I was close! Also, this is only walking steps I've planned and not the normal, everday walking. I am sure if I added those, I would have gone over 20K both days.

Going to have to find some kind of arm exercises because I don't want to have muscle bird legs and heavy flappy wings!!!

WALK ON!!

WTG Jann! That is just AWESOME! Goodness me, you are inspiring me to really tread on more!

Yesterday I did 19,689 and today did 19,893. I was close! Also, this is only walking steps I've planned and not the normal, everday walking. I am sure if I added those, I would have gone over 20K both days.

Going to have to find some kind of arm exercises because I don't want to have muscle bird legs and heavy flappy wings!!!

WALK ON!!

OMG Jude! CONGRATULATIONS! You totally rock! Leslie's videos also do upper body toning you will be happy to know.

Jann

OMG Jude! CONGRATULATIONS! You totally rock! Leslie's videos also do upper body toning you will be happy to know.

Jann

Thank you Jann! I have to admit, it gets easier each day I walk. I get sooo poopped out when I get home and then after an hour gone by, I want to do more! I am just so jazz about this whole thing...so weird! OK, it seems as though I need to browse through all of her videos and pick and choose. I noticed you have quite a selection of hers from your previous post above.

HOO RAH...WALK ON!

Hey guys,

So yesterday I passed 15,000 steps walking with my family at the mall (got new clothes finally)... and today... thanks to GREAT weather.. blew past 20,000 steps by going for a serious hike. My calfs are killing me... but it was well worth it.

Here's the proof:

step20000.jpg

Taz

YAY! I did it!

That makes today's total 24K. I didn't include regular walking around because yet again I've lost the damned pedo. I just bought them like two weeks ago, and in pairs no less! Sheesh!

Jann

Awesome Jann! Way to go!!! Breaking it down is an awesome idea. I tackled my 20k today in a single hike... and I think I would have done better doing it in 5 mile spurts.

Again, great job!

Taz

WALK ON!!

All right!!! Great job. Two days of 29K is just amazing. 10 miles a day. How cool is that!!! Way to go!

Taz

Awesome Jann! Way to go!!! Breaking it down is an awesome idea. I tackled my 20k today in a single hike... and I think I would have done better doing it in 5 mile spurts.

Again, great job!

Taz

Thanks so much, Taz! New clothes are a VERY COOL NSV absolutely!

Yup, breaking it out is way easier for sure. The second round you are refreshed, your muscles are warmed and you're good to go again! I could have actually gone a third round but I didn't have the time.

YAY for you! 20K in a single hike! You and Jude totally rock!!

Jann

Thanks so much, Taz! New clothes are a VERY COOL NSV absolutely!

Yup, breaking it out is way easier for sure. The second round you are refreshed, your muscles are warmed and you're good to go again! I could have actually gone a third round but I didn't have the time.

YAY for you! 20K in a single hike! You and Jude totally rock!!

Jann

Ya, it was great to get pants that didn't look like I was a white rapper. Still a ways out from getting a pair of Levis 501 button flys (my favorite jeans), but its progress. Went from a 50in waist to a 46. Only 6 more inches till Levis time!!!

Walking in the 10 miles was good. And my wife and I are considering doing that hike on the weekends. The destination was a Starbucks in another neighbourhood, where they make great tea. I think though I will focus more on 3 or 4 5mile events during the week. Just too hard to find the time during the week. Like today I only got 6800 steps in.

Taz