JANUARY SURGERIES AND FILLS

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have my 2nd fill sceduled for Jan. 16. My daughter is coming with me and then we are driving up the coast to LA the next day. Does anyone know where the Hollywood producers hang out. I think I could be the next action film star. Arnold and Stallone have gotten a little old.

YAYYYYY, I'm scheduled to get banded on January 9th and I'm so incredibly excited. Gonna start my pre-op diet officially next week, only breaking for eating anything I want on Christmas day. That should get some of those pesky pounds off.

YEEHEEEEEE.

I have my 2nd fill sceduled for Jan. 16. My daughter is coming with me and then we are driving up the coast to LA the next day. Does anyone know where the Hollywood producers hang out. I think I could be the next action film star. Arnold and Stallone have gotten a little old.

I know you were just kidding about the producers but...

The Farmer's Market by the CBS studios. I have been there 2 times and have seen stars both times just sitting drinking coffee and talking/meeting with others. I have heard that they like to walk over for breakfast and lunch as it is really close. Last time, I had breakfast a few tables away from James Woods, another time we were a few tables away from Kelsey Grammer. Even if you do not see stars, it is a fun place to visit in Hollywood. And yes, producers, directors, script writers, etc. all hang out there.

Dawn

I too am scheduled on January 8. Are you traveling alone or bringing someone with you? I will probably be alone. Hope to meet you soon!

Awesome!! My mom is going with me. We are going to leave around 5 am and drive in the morning of my surgery. I am so excited!! Hopefully I get to meet some of you ladies :)

I have gone back-and-forth on whether to go to the OCC for my first fill or go to a more local doctor (still a 400 mile drive for me), but I've decided to go to the OCC. I booked my flight today. I will be getting my first fill on Friday, January 16. Is anyone else going to be there during that time?

Kristy

I'll be there on the 16th. I have an appt. for my 2nd fill at 11am. My daughter and I will be staying at the Lucerna that night and heading back to San Diego Sat. to drive up the coast and then fly back home on Sun. She said she is looking forward to some full contact shopping on Revolution Ave. on Sat. afternoon.

I will be flying in on the 7th so I will probably see you there. What part of TN are u from? I am from TN as well, Chattanooga.

~Christy

Hi Christy. I'm being banded on the 8th as well and will fly in on the 7th. I just started back on my preop diet. I stayed on it for a week and then went off for the few days around Christmas. My plane arrives around 11am on the 7th - I'm flying from Orlando Florida. Hope to see you soon!

Connie

Hey tnm75, I hope to see you there! I am being banded on the 16th! It will be good to have someone there to talk to that knows what i will be going thourhg in the up coming weeks. Im sure i will have some questions for you!

See you there,

Jenelle

Jenelle,

I hope to see you there! My appointment is for 12:30... do you fly it that same day or a day earlier? Let me know, I would love to meet you!

Kristy

I'll be there on the 16th. I have an appt. for my 2nd fill at 11am. My daughter and I will be staying at the Lucerna that night and heading back to San Diego Sat. to drive up the coast and then fly back home on Sun. She said she is looking forward to some full contact shopping on Revolution Ave. on Sat. afternoon.

PM me your name... I'll look for you on the 16th! I have my first fill at 12:30... perhaps will be on the shuttle together that morning after landing. I think my flight lands around 10'ish. Also, I'll be headed back EARLY on the AM for my morning flight. I'm not looking forward to being in the lobby at 5 o'clock AM.

Kristy

I just changed my fill from January 12th to the 16th. My flight arrives at 10:15 at the airport, so might be on a shuttle with some others. My fill is set for noon, so hope to get in some shopping in the afternoon. I fly out on Saturday about noon.

Hope to meet others there getting fills too!

Judi

tnm75, I bet we will be on the same shuttle since our flight gets in around 10am on United. My appt. is at 11:30, but on my first fill, my appt. was at 1:30 and they got me in as soon as we got to the clinic. The fill only takes a few minutes and is painless. My name is Greg and my daughter and I will be flying in from Missouri. See ya'll there.

Hi Kristy,

I fly in on the 15th, I will have my pre-op meeting that day and the surgery the next on the 16th. Im sure we will meet up. My mom and I are coming down from Calgary Alberta together. I will ask around if i dont see you there. I hope you might have time to talk for a few mintues.

Can't wait to meet you,

Jenelle

OMG one week and two days til I arrive! I am starting to get really nervous! Pre-op diet has been really hard since I am still home for the holidays around all those left overs and everyone sitting around eating... I am down 4 1/2 in 5 days which kicks butt but I am so hungry!!!

My flight arrives at 10 am on Jan. 8th and surgery is scheduled for the 9th...

Hi Christy. I'm being banded on the 8th as well and will fly in on the 7th. I just started back on my preop diet. I stayed on it for a week and then went off for the few days around Christmas. My plane arrives around 11am on the 7th - I'm flying from Orlando Florida. Hope to see you soon!

Connie

It looks like my flight will be arriving around 10pm on the 7th. Since you are getting there before noon you may get banded that day!

I am sure we will see each other :) I am having a terrible time sticking to the diet - im hoping now that Christmas is over I can be more strict these next 2 weeks.

:)

I will be arriving between 7:00 and 8:00 am on the 8th. They are picking me up at the border at 8:00 am...I am so excited. I can't believe it's almost here. I am stressing out about the pre-op diet as well.

OMG I am so thankful that I am not the only one that cant seem to stick to this pre-op diet!! I have 16 days to loose 14 pounds and I am freaking out about it.

I am going to call Dr. Miranda here in a day or two if the scale does not move.

But knowing that Im not the only one is making me feel more at ease!

Thanks Guys and Gals,

All the best tonight with your New Year Celebrations,

Jenelle

Yeah, I'm supposed to lose 15 lbs by next Thursday. The good news is, I didn't gain any weight since when I gave my weight to the OCC when I scheduled my band date, which was like a month and half ago...I thought for sure I would have to lose more then 15lbs. I am working my butt off for the next week in hopes to lose close to 15, but who knows..it's so stressful, I am looking forward to the post-op, it's going to be a breeze, compared to this madness..lol. Atleast, I can eat (drink) stuff I like, popsicles, gatorade, broth, etc...

Hi everyone, I was hoping to see if anyone else was scheduled for January 2nd. I am getting banded that day! I live in Orange County and arriving the morning of the surgery, do most people get to leave the next day??? I am assuming I will be able to go home on the 3rd (assuming everything goes as planned). Im so excited!

:D

Good Luck with your banding, please let me know how it goes I will be banded on the 13

I scheduled my flight today - i was having so many issues with travelocity that by the time (over the past 3 days) that i got the flight booked, I ended up having to fly in on the 8th to get the original price they quoted me. So I will be arriving at 12:30 on the 8th. I hope I still get my band on the 8th as I am flying home on the 10th and I want a day of rest before the travel