Posting Just To Post

Gloucester

labmom-Beth sent me the link to the tantrum last night. I laughed so hard. I could see DS acting that way. If his dad had been here, he might have tried it. He knows that I don't accept tantrums. I would sell those video games and make a little cash. :rolleyes: He learned that the hard way.

Dang, you girls have been busy!

Ang~ Great NSV. I had that one just a couple of months ago. Love the waxing chat. Too funny! I am pretty tough, but don't think I could have that done - owie! Glou, hilarious! You are too funny! If I tried a DIY wax, I would be too afraid to pull it off and probably end up with a gooey mess that was all stuck together! LOL! Can you imagine the chat in the ER on that one???

Glou~ Good for you, getting up with DD! She has a great sense of instilling guilt - can you imagine her as an old woman! Watch out Marie!!!

MsB~ Joining the gym will be a good thing. I hate running on the dreadmill too, but if it helps keep you going it will be a good thing. I go to a class at least once a week for strength training. I need someone else to push me a little harder than I will push myself.

Lu~ Sounds like you are super busy! I don't see how you could have time to cook! Sounds like you are ready for a fill! I have been having the opposite problem; feeling a little tight lately. I have had a hard time getting food down. Kind of weird since I have not had a fill in forever!

Slim~ Good for you for hanging tough on the game ban! The video of the tantrum kid was hilarious! We have tried hard to keep them out of the house, the kids would be fine, DH and I were afraid we would get addicted! LOL. We have a Wii, but limit the games to weekends. DH and I have a standing game of golf with DS on Sunday evenings. It is kind of nice to get together and have some fun before the week starts. Of course we have to try and get the game done before Desperate Housewives!

PJTP: I went back to my strength class - have not been for awhile; my butt is killing me! I needed to get back in the gym. I have parent conferences tomorrow night - long day! We see parents from 4-8 with no breaks! It is nuts. The best part is having no school on Friday! Yeah. The snow has melted so we are going to try and get all the mowing done and get the irrigation pipe up before the next snow!

Hope you all have a great day!

So joined the gym and went last night for a measley 2 mile run. Doesn't sound like alot but I sweated a ton so I was working it. Running on a dreadmill is a learning curve but I got the hang of it quickly.

I will say that when I run outdoors that I have a tendancy to not push myself and only run slightly faster than a quick walk. I have super short legs lol.. I buy petites and cut them off... So me running at 4.7 MPH is quick to me haha. I would love to be able to do a 9 minute mile but I am guessing I would fall on my face trying to run at 6.6... Maybe eventually but that might be a sprint for me!

Last night I did interval walk/run W1D1 of 3.6 walk 4.7 run.

that's a great time msb!

i really need the gym, have to have a place to go......also i do spinning & rowing and only have a treadmill at the house.

it's too hot in TX to have a normal outdoor routine - oustide the 4 months of rainy/fall, it's 90+ most days - :P

ktork - DH and i play tigger golf on wii several nights a wk & while not a great workout we will also do a lot of the balance games on wii fit.

i love the skiing / snowboarding:)

is it friday yet ????

Well, I blew off today at the gym. We're driving out of town to go to his old high school's football game. :) And, while we're there we'll pick up his daughter and bring her back.

Then, tomorrow it's to David's Bridal to pick up dresses for the girls. I'm more excited about getting their dresses than I was about my own!!! I'm glad we have her for a visit, even if it's a short one.

Well, I blew off today at the gym. We're driving out of town to go to his old high school's football game. :) And, while we're there we'll pick up his daughter and bring her back.

Then, tomorrow it's to David's Bridal to pick up dresses for the girls. I'm more excited about getting their dresses than I was about my own!!! I'm glad we have her for a visit, even if it's a short one.

I would like to correct Glou... She blew off the gym this morning. I shall be giving her a call the second she is off work so that she will get her ass to the gym ;)

Hi all. I hope that everyone is having a wonderful weekend. I have an adjustment scheduled tomorrow. I am kind of scared to get it now because TOM is soon and I tend to tighten a little. Of course, I had spaghetti for dinner with absolutely no problems, so I guess it is really time. I have been constantly hungry lately. The scale isn't moving (thankfully it hasn't gone up either). Msb, I wish that you and labmom were here to kick my butt to the gym. I don't like two of the gyms that I have tried here. There is a new one that I haven't tried yet. The weather is getting cooler. I know I won't be spending much time outdoors now.

Anyway, I hope that everyone doing great.

good morning all~

busy wkend & it flew by, w/mine & DH's 2 yr bandiversary yesterday.

the 7lbs i was up - down 4 this AM......whoo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!

slim - i'm back in the gym tomorrow after a wk off.

lots of moving around / packing & tossing stuff - i hope to get back into my routine tom AM (much earlier - as i have to be home by 830 for contractors) but still:)

i go to 24hr fitness - it's the only gym nearby me, though they are building a LA Fitness which is intriguing to DH, as it has spa/pool - etc.

me i don't do public pools - :P

ok - lots lots lots of coffee:)

msb - hope your feeling better today!

Yay Labmom! Congrats on your bandiversary! You all are so inspiring. We don't have a 24hr fitness here. Instead we have Sportsbarn, Rush, & the Y. I hate the Y's here. The nicer ones are too far away from me to visit. The ones that are close have very little space and hardly any equipment. I am going to check out the Rush (the newest gym in town). They have one sort of close to my house and one sort of close to my job.

I am so tired this morning. I got called into work last night at 10 and again at midnight. I got home after 1 and had to be back up for work this morning at 5. I am dragging. I am working on 20 oz coffee cup number 2. I don't think that is going to be enough.

Ok, back to the Monday grind. I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Good Morning all and happy Monday ;)

Labs- My gym used to be 24 hour fitness but bought out by Ozfitness last year. There is a spa as well. I don't do public pools for any reason haha. I want to go in the steam room or sauna though but only if I know no one will show up. guess that's a trip for the middle of the night eh? haha

My gym is very large and has LOTS of machines.. So many it's overwhelming to me sometimes. Theres about 25 treadmills alone lined up in the back of the building with tv's and you can just go to the station on a radio to hear whats going on. I just listen to my couch to 5k tunes though.

I do feel alot better today... I still feel off thats for sure and have had some hot flashes now and then. I can't wait to be back to normal. Even though I was sick I did 30 minutes on my exercise bike yesterday. I REALLY want to run today but we will see how my coordination is later in the day :lol:

Labs- My gym used to be 24 hour fitness but bought out by Ozfitness last year. There is a spa as well. I don't do public pools for any reason haha. I want to go in the steam room or sauna though but only if I know no one will show up. guess that's a trip for the middle of the night eh? haha

LOLOLOL :lol:

see i don't mind the sauna/steam - in fact would LOVE it; i have a pool & don't need others funk...., yes germaphobe here:)

Yes, Jillian's workouts kicked my butt. I love that! I had sweat pouring down - just from 20 minutes. I don't sweat that much when running, so I know I need to switch it up.

I want Jillian arms, too!!!

Today, I'm pms'ing, cramping and just generally pissy.

Had a great weekend w/the girls though - got dresses. I had a hard time w/DH's DD - she really wanted me to order her a 16, but I had a hard time zipping it up. So, I said we'd get an 18 and then have it altered and she was very stubborn and insisted on a 16, so I had DH step in. She wasn't impolite about it - actually, she's a very sweet girl. But, it was a "nooooo...I'm okay in the 16, I think the 18 was too big."

What it turned out to be was the bra - she felt exposed w/out the top part being uber tight. She's used to having more control of the little girls. :) lol... So, once she said that, it clicked and we were able to discuss under garment options.

So, weekend good, Monday sucky. :(

Glad you got the dress thing done or on it's way. did you post pics on FB? I didn't see them or were you trying to keep Bevo from seeing em?

Which Jillian workout are u doing?

Been weighing back in daily on my wii for fun and doing a few minutes here and there. The other day I actually did like 37 minutes worth of balance stuff.... because the DAMN fish were pissing me off and I wanna beat my sons score haha

PJTP-grrrrrr!

That man of mine had a wreck tonight! I guess I should be glad that he had it and not his mom, but still... I really hope that the insurance company totals this stupid car! I don't want him driving my car, but I also don't want the financial responsibility of that car being with his mom. Best of both worlds, no more care note on it. No more insurance payments on it. I really hate this. (sigh)

Ouch Slim I hope everyone is ok.

I am doing good. I think I finally kicked the illness. I know it will take my body (endurance wise) A few days to catch back up.

I ran yesterday but it was a shorter than normal run. I just couldn't breath well enough and just overall out of energy.... I don't think the hotflashes I kept getting helped either because I have never seen myself sweat that bad it was horrible.

Today though I put on my big girl panties and signed up for a training session lifting so that should be ....interesting.

I wish my Gym had a rowing class that I could try... But If it's tough on labs :blink: I am a sissy hehe

I wish my Gym had a rowing class that I could try... But If it's tough on labs :blink: I am a sissy hehe

i SWORE the chest pains were a heart attack.....no - just muscles never used.

and those are not the muscles to be used in rowing - biceps/traps/back.......after 2 months i'm working the right ones.

taking a row class in the AM - lets see if i can type afterwards:)

i SWORE the chest pains were a heart attack.....no - just muscles never used.

and those are not the muscles to be used in rowing - biceps/traps/back.......after 2 months i'm working the right ones.

taking a row class in the AM - lets see if i can type afterwards:)

Good luck with that Labs... I dunno how I am gonna feel. Hope they have 1lb baby weights. I am a sissy.

Msb-I am glad that you are starting to feel better. You and labmom put me to shame with the exercise. You exercised while sick. I can't seem to make myself exercise when I'm doing just fine.

Everyone is fine as far as the accident. My husband has a cut on his head, but he is hard headed. It didn't hurt him. haha He was really pushing it with this accident. He was leaned over reaching for something on the passenger side floor (while still driving) when he rear ended someone. The other car's damage is just cosmetic. His car (I'm pretty sure) is going to be totaled. The insurance company called yesterday and said that they are sending the power of attorney paperwork for me to sign. They don't expect to pay to fix it. The adjuster isn't coming until tomorrow. We shall see how it goes.

Msb-I am glad that you are starting to feel better. You and labmom put me to shame with the exercise. You exercised while sick. I can't seem to make myself exercise when I'm doing just fine.

Everyone is fine as far as the accident. My husband has a cut on his head, but he is hard headed. It didn't hurt him. haha He was really pushing it with this accident. He was leaned over reaching for something on the passenger side floor (while still driving) when he rear ended someone. The other car's damage is just cosmetic. His car (I'm pretty sure) is going to be totaled. The insurance company called yesterday and said that they are sending the power of attorney paperwork for me to sign. They don't expect to pay to fix it. The adjuster isn't coming until tomorrow. We shall see how it goes.

Thanks for grouping me in with Lab but I am FAAAAAAAAR from her haha. I have to say I was a very lazy bandster and I would contribute MAYBE 10lbs of my weightloss so far to exercise.. the rest was due to changing eating habits. I have only recently found the motivation because I have a trip to go see Glou, lab, Laura, and KC in December and I would like to feel like I tried a little to get where I am... which definately isn't goal. I will also be the first to admit my plateau mostly is from snacking and liquid calories MOSTLY my love for salty bloody marys and over abundance of wine haha.

I recently decided No goody drinks for me (last week) so I have been good since Saturday and have yet to see it reflect on the scale. However, I am trying to not get dissapointed and keep on keeping on.

There's my confession!

Well aren't I bunch of jibber jabber today.