Plastics consult

Well I had my consult with Dr Nyte and he is amazing. Lisa and Pammie I can see now why you are so impressed.

After viewing my lovely pictures he recomends an extended tummy tuck and a medial thigh lift. I will have lipo on my waste, back and thighs as well.

He was very knowledgeable and a great conversationalist. Felt like I knew him for years and we did lots of laughing. His mom is a retired registered nurse who worked for years not far from where i live.

Anyways I am pumped and am waiting to hear from Michaele with the date and final quote. Will keep you posted.

I AM SO EXCITED. I figure by July I will be at my goal and on my way to having a hot body :)

Debbie

Well I had my consult with Dr Nyte and he is amazing. Lisa and Pammie I can see now why you are so impressed.

After viewing my lovely pictures he recomends an extended tummy tuck and a medial thigh lift. I will have lipo on my waste, back and thighs as well.

He was very knowledgeable and a great conversationalist. Felt like I knew him for years and we did lots of laughing. His mom is a retired registered nurse who worked for years not far from where i live.

Anyways I am pumped and am waiting to hear from Michaele with the date and final quote. Will keep you posted.

I AM SO EXCITED. I figure by July I will be at my goal and on my way to having a hot body smile.gif

Debbie

Awesome!!! I am so excited for you Debbie!

No boobs ( hahahha) you crack me up. Figured I could get a good bra and do those later.

Extended tummy tuck with lipo : 6950.00

Medial Thigh tuck : 4250.00

Lipo for both inner and outer thigh before tuck : 850.00 ( usually it is 1250.00 per thigh)

Total 12050.00

I know it is expensive but my things are a mess and I want them tight with no flab after all this work. Same goes for the tummy.

Boobs will just have to wait. :)

Debbie

What about the cost of the hospital/clinic stay and any meds you will need? How long do you need to stay in the area?

It sounds like it would still be cheaper than having surgery in Canada...and now is a great time to do it with our dollar almost at par again.

Sabrina:)

Medial thigh is the inner thigh. Scar is vertical as it heals better than having it in the groin.

Costs include everything valley girl. He has a surgical clinic and does the surgery there. No hidden costs. He is letting me do my lap work etc in Canada so I don't have to pay for it and get my prescriptions filled up here ahead of time so my work insurance will pay for them. You stay 3-5 days because of the drain

Debbie

Medial thigh is the inner thigh. Scar is vertical as it heals better than having it in the groin.

Costs include everything valley girl. He has a surgical clinic and does the surgery there. No hidden costs. He is letting me do my lap work etc in Canada so I don't have to pay for it and get my prescriptions filled up here ahead of time so my work insurance will pay for them. You stay 3-5 days because of the drain

Debbie

I spoke to Mrs. Carrie this morning. She is doing really well and sounds good too! She is at home and resting. Tony is taking good care of her and has been wonderful. Oh and she is glad to have a pain pump!

Yay! Carrie!!!

Wow ....

What's the recovery time for someone of your age for all of these procedures?

Hahahaha. What do you mean my age girl. Lindsay you are hilarious sometimes. I am in the prime of my life at 52 :)

Dr Nyte says recovery time is 2-3 weeks to get back to work. I am taking the whole summer off so that won't be an issue.

I am still laughing at your question " what is the recovery time for someone of your age". You are definetly a straight shooter ( hahahahahah)

Debbie

You will be in my prayers Debbie ;) I am scared for you. I do not have the courage to do what you are doing (especially after watching skymoon1982's youtube video after she came out of surgery) but I admire your bravery and I just hope everything turns out just fine.

Who knows, maybe in a couple of years some of your courage will rub off on me :lol:

Hahahaha. What do you mean my age girl. Lindsay you are hilarious sometimes. I am in the prime of my life at 52 :)

Dr Nyte says recovery time is 2-3 weeks to get back to work. I am taking the whole summer off so that won't be an issue.

I am still laughing at your question " what is the recovery time for someone of your age". You are definetly a straight shooter ( hahahahahah)

Debbie

i knew that came out wrong!!!

hehehe ....

i know that the older you are, and the more procedures being done, the longer the recovery time can be. That's one thing that discourages me from getting PS in Mexico - they're very money hungry, and often don't always make the best medical decision(s) based on the client, but rather, the $$ that follows each procedure they can convince you into adding onto your stay.

..and don't worry, debbie - i'm not exactly a young spring chicken!

Debbie

THAT IS FUNNY, LINDSAY YOU MUST BE YOUNG? I JUST TURNED 50

Debbie, one more question. Did you ask Dr. Nyte what would happen if something went wrong and you needed to be hospitalized in The States? US hospitals are crazy-expensive. My insurance covers me for about a million when I travel to The US but I wonder if it would be waived if I knowingly went to another country for surgery? I guess I could ask my insurance provider. I SO want to do this too but it's way too expensive here in Vancouver.

Debbie, one more question. Did you ask Dr. Nyte what would happen if something went wrong and you needed to be hospitalized in The States? US hospitals are crazy-expensive. My insurance covers me for about a million when I travel to The US but I wonder if it would be waived if I knowingly went to another country for surgery? I guess I could ask my insurance provider. I SO want to do this too but it's way too expensive here in Vancouver.

Hi Sabrina. I could not get any type of insurance coverage before when I had surgery in Mexico so it will be the same in the states. I just tell myself worse case scenario I can fly home within 24 hours if there was a problem. I will get myself in the best physical shape I can preop and leave the rest in God's hands :)

I have worked too hard to lose this weight and I want to look good with no sagging skin. Can't afford to pay for the surgery in Canada so I am going to States where it is less than half price and I know people who have had surgery by Dr Nyte and rave about him and the results. They had no complications after sugery.

Debbie

I am leaning towards him too. I REALLY like Dr. Campos in TJ but it's just that much farther from home and I think I'd feel better being closer to the border, "our" border! I know Lisa and Pammie love him. I'm going to set up my consult soon. Does he charge for them?

I am leaning towards him too. I REALLY like Dr. Campos in TJ but it's just that much farther from home and I think I'd feel better being closer to the border, "our" border! I know Lisa and Pammie love him. I'm going to set up my consult soon. Does he charge for them?

No charge for the consult. I just picked a time for him to phone me and we chatted for about 45 minutes. He loves Canadians as he is one. His mom was a nurse on Saltspirng for years but is retired now and lives in Surrey. He answered all my questions and believe me I had pages of them and then offered me information that I had not thought of.

You will love him. I can hardly wait to meet him in person and have my surgery.

Deb

Hey Ladies

Just wanted to let you know that I had my first Doc visit since my surgery today. Wow cant beleive it has already been one week. I am still very sore and my boobies are itching around my nipples, driving me CRAZY! Doc said everything looks good. I did have some concerns with places on my tummy not laying flat. I still of course have alot of swelling and she stated for my tummy it would take around 3 months for it to have more of the final look, not to worry it will all change. My boobies should be starting to drop this week and next week. My Doc does not use drain tubes and if there is any fluid they drain it out in office at your first vist a week out. I did not have any that had to be drained biggrin.gif

Debbie...

One thing that I wanted to ask for you to keep in mind, if they offer you the choice of a 4 day pain pump, PAY the extra money and get it. I really honestly think that is why when I woke up and after I never had a "hurt" pain, just the burn and pulling feeling. I still have the burn/pull feeling and still cant not lay flat. I sleep in the recliner still, my skin is VERY VERY tight so if I try to lay flat it feels like my skins is trying to pull apart, sooo I am not trying to rush it. My boobies are just a little sore and ITCHY but dont hurt at all. Just wanted to give an update!

Carrie

Hey Ladies

Just wanted to let you know that I had my first Doc visit since my surgery today. Wow cant beleive it has already been one week. I am still very sore and my boobies are itching around my nipples, driving me CRAZY! Doc said everything looks good. I did have some concerns with places on my tummy not laying flat. I still of course have alot of swelling and she stated for my tummy it would take around 3 months for it to have more of the final look, not to worry it will all change. My boobies should be starting to drop this week and next week. My Doc does not use drain tubes and if there is any fluid they drain it out in office at your first vist a week out. I did not have any that had to be drained biggrin.gif

Debbie...

One thing that I wanted to ask for you to keep in mind, if they offer you the choice of a 4 day pain pump, PAY the extra money and get it. I really honestly think that is why when I woke up and after I never had a "hurt" pain, just the burn and pulling feeling. I still have the burn/pull feeling and still cant not lay flat. I sleep in the recliner still, my skin is VERY VERY tight so if I try to lay flat it feels like my skins is trying to pull apart, sooo I am not trying to rush it. My boobies are just a little sore and ITCHY but dont hurt at all. Just wanted to give an update!

Carrie

Thanks Carrie. I am not opposed to pain control in any way so will look into that :)