honestly how many lbs?

hi there!

just wanted some of you vets to share how much weight you did lose between the band date and the first fill? I can imagine it varies for everyone of us, but just an average will do. Also, the discomfort (around the chest area), how long will it be before it's gone? It's not really painful, it's more uncomfortable and I worry when it's time to go back to work... they'll probably send me home if I make faces. LOL

8 to 10 lbs. was the average for my group. (SIX WEEKS)

hi there!

just wanted some of you vets to share how much weight you did lose between the band date and the first fill? I can imagine it varies for everyone of us, but just an average will do. Also, the discomfort (around the chest area), how long will it be before it's gone? It's not really painful, it's more uncomfortable and I worry when it's time to go back to work... they'll probably send me home if I make faces. LOL

I was banded at 187 and had my first fill yesterday at 177, so is that 10 pounds. I lost all of the weight on the liquid post op diet. Once I got to solid foods, it was a struggle to keep it off. I hit a plateau for 5 weeks. So don't get discouraged if that happens. :D

I lost 34 pounds before my first fill, and have lost only 2 since my fill on May 6th.

I was banded on 4-3-08, and did not get my first fill until 5-21-08 (7 weeks). I have lost 9 pounds. I have been at 199 for the past 3 weeks. I have not weighed since my fill, so........will see if I have lost more. Have to wait until tomorrow to weight at work. I always try to weigh on the same scale and at the sametime everyday.

Guest sdejong

That is such a great question..... My husband keeps saying that I am just going to be so skinny so quickly and I have to remind him that it will take almost 1-2 years before I reach my goal. I have my surgery on July 1st.... I am soo scared but so excited at the same time.

I lost 18lbs before my first fill which was 6 1/2 weeks post op. It has been 3 weeks since my fill and I have lost 7lbs.

I was banded on 3-25 and my first fill is scheduled for Thurs. I weighed 208 on my surgery day and I weigh 192 now. I lost 6lbs. post op for a total of 22lbs. You're right though, it varies with everyone. I probably would have lost alot more but am not doing very well watching what I'm eating. That'll all change after my fill! :punish:

I lost 15 pounds pre-op

I lost 10 pounds post-op to first fill

I lost 8 pounds since my first fill 12 days ago!

Oh that is awesome!! 8 pounds since your first fill. I get so excited when I see this and can't wait (weight)!! =D>

I lost 15 pounds pre-op

Before surgery i weighed 261 i lost 12 pounds post op (in 12 days), after surgery i weighed 263 (gained 2 pounds) witnin two weeks I lost 13 pounds and I now weigh 250 which is a total loss of 23 pounds and havent lost any for the past three 1/2 weeks! I get my first fill on 6/17/08 and cant wait! Right now I can eat anything BUT rice and bread and flour tortillas. Yes, I found out Mother's Day weekend, I can even eat cake without a problem, except of course the fat and calorie content :wacko:

I've lost 22 lbs since banding, my first fill is scheduled for 6/12. Very little restriction...one night I managed to put away an 8 ounce steak....hadn't had one in so long. Last night couldn't even finish 1 small hamburger patty, go figure.

I was banded 4/4 and lost 15 pounds pre-op.

I lost 10 pounds the first week post-op - zero the other 5 weeks.

I lost 10 pounds since my first fill 3 weeks ago.

I lost 25 pounds pre op and 14 pounds since being banded on May 8. Right now I don't need a fill, I can have one in two weeks. I'm still dieting though, having 2 lean cuisines a day and usually whatever I want for breakfast which could be an english muffin with cheese or bacon, a protein shake if I'm really not hungry. I know, I know, we're not supposed to have real food and not shakes, but sometimes I'm just not hungry!

I'm very full with just a lean cuisines and never hungry between meals. I figure as long as I feel this way, I don't need a fill. I have scheduled one for August 6th. I think I'll probably be needing one by then.

Jena

Hello everyone.

I lost 17 lbs. After post-op I gain 5 pounds. I was so disappointed.

Now I'm walking 5 times a week and watching what I'm eating.

This is not a rocket scientist mission. You have to work it. I did not know this at first

I thought you get the band and lose weight. I did not know you have to watch what you eat

You have to work out and you can't eat and take liquids at the same time. The only thing that

I know for a fact that one day I'll be thin.

Charlotte

I lost 23 lbs from my surgery to my first fill.

tomorrow is my first solid food day after my 21 days of liquid diet and I'm a little nervous about it. I was banded on May 29th and have lost 7 lb since banding. I lost 10.5 lb on the pre-surgery diet so as of now, down about 17 lb and already feeling so much better.

I scheduled my first fill with Dr O for July 23 at 7 weeks. I think I had the bloating/pain for about 8-10 days but feel just fine now.

Kay

pre-surgery: 201 lb

height: 5' 2"

weight at banding: 190.5

current weight: 173.7

Calicat.. congrat's on your weight loss you're doing great! I was wondering if you felt different after having your 1st fill. Alot of people don't lose any weight and don't notice any difference in what they can eat and how much. Did you find you could only eat "less" that what you were eating before the fill?

I lost 15 pounds pre-op