OCTOBER SURGERIES AND FILLS

I am not a coffee drinker but I havn't read anything here that says you can't have it post band. You are right about the carbonated drinks and beer though, they are a NO NO.

Thanks! I can handle giving up soda, beer is going to be hard but the thought of coffee too made me reallyyyyyy sad!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a coffee drinker but I havn't read anything here that says you can't have it post band. You are right about the carbonated drinks and beer though, they are a NO NO.

Thanks! I can handle giving up soda, beer is going to be hard but the thought of coffee too made me reallyyyyyy sad!

Oh Geez....I agree. No Soda, No Beer, No Coffee. Plus, No Drinks with meals. It would be hell. LMAO! I have to have a cup of coffee yall. Please don't tell me I can't have a cup of coffee. I don't even have to have cream or a pot! But, I need atleast ONE BIG CUP! :wacko:

I don't do coffee and I rarely drink pop, but the beer is gonna kill me! I've been laying off and I don't drink that much to begin with, but I love my Miller High Life! My birthday is before the pre-op starts so that will be my last hoorah probably as far as adult beverages.

I'm glad i've started working already towards my pre-op so it won't nearly be as bad. I already lost 2.4 in the first week so far so good! I need to lose at least 10 before surgery.

Have a great night everyone!!

hello everyone!

i am also getting banded on oct 3rd....ive been so excited lately i can barley sleep...i just keep reading posts and watching video updates of people who have been banded on you-tube...i finally feel like i have hope for a thinner future!

-Lindsey

hello everyone!

i am also getting banded on oct 3rd....ive been so excited lately i can barley sleep...i just keep reading posts and watching video updates of people who have been banded on you-tube...i finally feel like i have hope for a thinner future!

-Lindsey

Hello Lindsey, welcome I will be seeing on the 3rd also. I cant sleep either these days!

-Kim

Whoo Hoo...I got all my financing in place now!! I should have my money by next week. I am totally exicted. I bought the plane tickets for me and my mom. We are flying down on the 21, with surgery for the 22. Hopefully I will hear more from people that will be there. Only 39 more days!! :D

thanks Julie,

I already started the pre-op diet with the two shakes and a frozen dinner. It's kind of tough, I get hungry in the afternoon, but I have been drinking lots of water! Like you had mentioned, I am trying to take some of the weight off before my vacation so I won't be so pressured the week prior to the surgery. I received my surgery confirmation yesterday, so I am very excited! I only wish I had done this months ago so I could take some really good pictures in Europe.

:D

As my first post to the board (been lurking for weeks), I'd like to announce I'll be coming down to OCC on October 16th for surgury on the 17th. Any other guys heading down for surgury that weekend?

Taz

Although I am not a guy, I will be flying in on the 16th with surgery the 17th! See you there!

Hello! I'm new to this forum. My surgery date is OCT 2nd. I'm starting my pre-op diet today. Dr Miranda advised me to do the option 2 pre-op diet: 225 cal shake in the am, 225 shake for lunch, and a leancuisine for dinner plus salad with low cal spray dressing and sugar free JelloO.

So..........I'm excited to hear from any of you.

Any of you have any recommendations regarding shakes?? what have you tried and which do you like the best. any communication is welcome, haha. I'm sitting here wondering how this forum works and would like to have ppl to chat with while going on this journey :D

Finally after what seems like forever. My big day is 10-2-08 and I'm so excited.

Anyone else scheduled for surgery that day?

hello. i'm new to this forum and don't know how it works. guess what? i'm flying out oct 1st and being banded by dr ortiz on oct 2nd!!

i'm starting my pre-op diet today. i have to go buy shakes (225 cal or less) and leancuisine dinners. what pre-op diet are you doing? have you started? any shake recommendations??

looking forward to hearing from you

:-h

Welcome everyone! Glad to see some other October folks! :)

I am doing a pre-pre op diet now b/c i've got a good amount of weight to lose before the procedure on the 24th. I am doing the Atkins shakes and I think they are pretty good and filling. I am not a fan of the vanilla - it is too sweet for me but I really like the chocolate and the strawberry isn't too bad either. I've also been doing the Special K2O protein water and I really like that a LOT!!! It is a big help when it is around 3 and you are at work and starving. It helps get me to dinner.

This forum is great and if you have any questions just ask people are really good at answering!!!

Shelby

Hey there, I've met two other people being banded on Oct. 2nd. I'm Misty and Susan P. and Jason are all on the same date.

:)

Pretty Cool.

I've lost 21 lbs so far on PRE-OP diet. Hoping to lose 9 more lbs.

Talk to you soon,

Misty

Hey Susan. I think that's funny. There might be a couple more that aren't posting on here.

Maybe we should go in Alphabetical order. Jason, Misty, October 2nd, and Susan... Just kidding. I don't know how they'll do it.

I know the whole surgery only takes about an hour, from rolling in to rolling out!

Hi Everyone,

My name is Joyce and I'm quite excited to start the new segment of my life. My husband and I are flying down 10/29 to TJ for my banding on 10/30. He's so supportive of me, he's even started cutting back on his food intake so that we can both get thin. He's got just a little to lose, but can't have any surgery because of previous surgeries that have left him with a large piece of mesh that holds him together...let's just say that when a medical person is a quack...things don't always work out the best. I've talk to several people who've been down and had Dr Ortiz do their banding and I figured why not go to someone who knows what he's doing. Anyone else headed down on those days? :) Any others on here from the Boise, Idaho area?

Hi Everyone,

My name is Joyce and I'm quite excited to start the new segment of my life. My husband and I are flying down 10/29 to TJ for my banding on 10/30. He's so supportive of me, he's even started cutting back on his food intake so that we can both get thin. He's got just a little to lose, but can't have any surgery because of previous surgeries that have left him with a large piece of mesh that holds him together...let's just say that when a medical person is a quack...things don't always work out the best. I've talk to several people who've been down and had Dr Ortiz do their banding and I figured why not go to someone who knows what he's doing. Anyone else headed down on those days? :) Any others on here from the Boise, Idaho area?

Not Boise, but Poky, I am going to be banded on the 14th.Will add more comments as I find out, But Dr. Ortiz comes with wonderful reccomends,from my Dr.