SEPTEMBER SURGERIES AND FILLS

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck on your pre-op diet, Margaret! I'm on week 2 of mine - still trying to settle into it. :) How is everyone else doing? Oh, and I meant to tell you guys (for everyone who's going to be at OCC on or around Sept. 29) I switched hotels from the Lucerna to the Marriott - figured it would be nice to be around some other bandsters! :)

Good luck on your pre-op diet, Margaret! I'm on week 2 of mine - still trying to settle into it. :) How is everyone else doing? Oh, and I meant to tell you guys (for everyone who's going to be at OCC on or around Sept. 29) I switched hotels from the Lucerna to the Marriott - figured it would be nice to be around some other bandsters! :)

Yea I am glad you switched. It will be good to hang out.

What time are you arriving on the 28th. I will be there around 1130

GUESS WHAT, GUESS WHAT, GUESS WHAT?!!?!?!?!?

12happydance.gif

Hello everyone! I am OFFICIAL part of the bandster society!!! YES!!! This morning I drove over to San Diego, got picked up around 9:30am, then was driven straight to OCC. There, I filled out a little bit of paperwork, then off to see the nutritionalist. She told me I was having surgery TODAY! I as SO not mentally prepared for that!! In all honesty, my main concern what that I wanted to have my 'last meal' that that cantina by lucerna that lots have raved about!! Alas, I went along with the wirlwhind idea and after a ccouple of more tests with the cardiologist, I was taken to my room to get dressed into a gown (& the other goodies!) and my catheter was getting put it! I met wit the other doctors (Dr. Ortiz is dream!) then I woke up in my room when it was all over! My sister was with me the whole time, so it lessened the anxiety level a bit. No real pain at all. I mild discomfort in my chest area, and the port area is a little tender. We chose to finally head to our room at the marriott. Apparently the others who had procedures today ( I didn't meet them) had already gotten rides back to their hotels. My sister and I went downstairs at the hotel so she could finally eat something since she was with me all morning at the clinic! The dinner place is cute. No discounts for my broth or my sister's meal. That was a bummer, but no too bad.

I'm so excited that it happened! I'm going to need all of you to get me through banster hell!!!

All the best,

Charelle

Congrats on being a bandster :lol:

I am a little confused. You said they put a catheter in. Do you mean a foley catheter? If so what was their rational for putting it in. I have never heard of anyone having a catheter for lap surgery.

Did anyone else have catheters put in?

No! Not a catheter! Sorry, it was just hours after my surgery & I think I heard the word earlier in the day. They put an IV in. Sorry to worry anyone! :D

Congratulations, Charelle - that is so awesome!!!! You're on your way now, girl! I can't wait to be right there with you! :) Do you know which band you got (a topic I seem to be obsessed with lately - lol) ?

Thanks! I think it was the Johnson & Johnson 10 cc band. My sister said maybe it was 11 cc. Not sure...

I'm so excited for you!!! Can't wait to hear about your adventure soon!!

Hey, Charelle - I was wondering how you're doing now that you're a couple of days out? Was your experience at OCC a good one - it sounds like it from your previous post! :) How are you doing on the clear liquids and all? Me - I'm still chugging away on the pre-op diet - my weight loss has slowed down a bit, which is a bummer. Hope I can still drop the last 4 lbs by next Tuesday! :)

Thanks! I think it was the Johnson & Johnson 10 cc band. My sister said maybe it was 11 cc. Not sure...

I'm so excited for you!!! Can't wait to hear about your adventure soon!!

Hey, Charelle - I was wondering how you're doing now that you're a couple of days out? Was your experience at OCC a good one - it sounds like it from your previous post! :) How are you doing on the clear liquids and all? Me - I'm still chugging away on the pre-op diet - my weight loss has slowed down a bit, which is a bummer. Hope I can still drop the last 4 lbs by next Tuesday! :)

Hi! Hmmm....it's going okay. Like many have said, you're not really hungry the first couple of days to a week. Today, 5 days out, I finally am feeling hungry. I wish I knew how to spice up my can/box of broth so it tastes as good as they made it at the Marriott!! OH!! Also, if you mention "THE OCC SPECIAL" at the Marriott, the meal is free! I forgot to say that when I checked out, none of those meals were billed to me.

I'm excited for Thursday when I can have the drinkable yogurt...then Saturday when I start "full" liquids!! Mentally, it's been hard, but other than that, it's been great!! Still a slight discomfort in the port area. Occassionally I feel a tightness in my chest. I imagine that's where my band is.

Good luck on the last 4 lbs!! I know you'll do great!! I can't wait to hear about your adventure. Mine was AWESOME!! Not one thing I could complain about!!!

Hi, Soon2Bslim! I don't have exactly the same surgery date as you do, but I am being banded on Sept. 29th - so I'm sure I'll see you there. Are you coming with a companion or by yourself? I'll be by myself - I'm at the Lucerna right now but am considering switching, since it seems like more OCC bandsters will be at the Marriott - I haven't decided yet. Best of luck to you in your new life!

I am traveling with my husband, we come in on the 29th. We are staying at the Mariott. Good luck!

Dave!

We had surgery on the same day, right? Last Thursday? If so, then HAPPY DRINKABLE YOGURT DAY!!!! Cheers!

Hi ,

My surgey is scheduled for 9/30 and I am so excited. Seems like the closer I get the more stories I come across of the band NOT working. Hope that all goes well and we are ALL successful!!!!!!

Good luck to all my Septemeber banders and lets keep in touch--

Hi, Bams - my surgery is on the 29th - so I might see you at the OCC when I'm back for my next day check (or you may be getting pre-ops the day I get my band). Best of luck to you! :)

Hi ,

My surgey is scheduled for 9/30 and I am so excited. Seems like the closer I get the more stories I come across of the band NOT working. Hope that all goes well and we are ALL successful!!!!!!

Good luck to all my Septemeber banders and lets keep in touch--

For someone who is browsing this forum looking for answers, yes it was comforting. I am still unsure about the whole Mexican vs US surgery experience. I had a good friend who had her Lap Band done at another surgeon's office in Mexico. She raves about him but I continue to be drawn to Dr. Ortiz. Thank you for being so honest and open!

Mrs. Priss