JULY SURGERIES AND FILLS

This year has been a memorable year, Jenn and Cassie on the Oprah show, The Lapband Forum has its largest gain in members and people have been making the big decision in their lifes by having lap band surgery. Lori and Carolyn have been busy booking surgeries and a lot of them will be coming to the OCC in July. Meet your bandster buddy here at the forum and get to know them before you get to the OCC. So, lets hear from the July surgery and fill patients.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This year has been a memorable year, Jenn and Cassie on the Oprah show, The Lapband Forum has its largest gain in members and people have been making the big decision in their lifes by having lap band surgery. Lori and Carolyn have been busy booking surgeries and a lot of them will be coming to the OCC in July. Meet your bandster buddy here at the forum and get to know them before you get to the OCC. So, lets hear from the July surgery and fill patients.

I was banded May 27th and will be getting a fill sometime in July, not sure of the date yet.

I am scheduled for my surgery at the OCC on July 9th, and am very excited. Anyone else going around that time????

i am also scheduled for surgery on the 9th of july. i will be traveling from southern california to san diego. nervous, but mostly excited.

I am not booked for the surgery YET. I was just notified today that I could get a date in July if I choose to. I am still researching and trying to decide what to do. All I know for sure is that I REALLY want to be healthy, and to have enough energy to do things I want to do with my 2 girls who are now 13 and 9. I have missed out on so much already.

I have asthma due to my weight, apparently I recently started snoring, I have joint pain. I am 38 going on 72! How are you feeling about the surgery? What helped you to make the final decision?

Many thanks and enjoy the new you.

Trudy in Canada

I was banded on May 29 and just booked my plane trip for my 1st fill on July 23. I'm arriving at San Diego airport Wed, July 23 around 9:20 am and flying home to Portland, OR the same afternoon.

Hope to see some of you then!

Kay

I have set a date for July 23. I am sooooo excited, nervous, and questioning my decission but I have to do this to get healthy. I see a few of you will be there at the same time. I will probably be there alone so it will be nice to have some support. Someone to shop with. :rolleyes: I am travelling from Calgary, anyone else travelling from this area?

Trudy

I did it...:wacko: I have set the date.... Traveled down to TJ yesterday and met with Dr. Ortiz and his wonderful staff. What a great experience. All the doubt I had about surgery in TJ are gone. I will be banded by Dr. Ortiz on July 24, 2008... A new chapter in my life will begin. ><' =D>

Jeremy I will be there with ya my friend. I am booked for July 23rd. I am so glad someone will be there with me as I am travelling alone.

Welcome to the adventures of Jeremy and Trudy!!!!! LOL

Yea!!!!!!! :D :D :D I am counting down the days until July2nd!!! I fly into SD July 1st, and get me pre-op labs etc done, then July 2nd is the big day. I am excited, nervous, scared...but mostly excited. I can't wait to shed the weight. I feel like a catapillar getting ready to spin its cocoon. So I hope to meet as many of my OCC banders as possible and build friendships! Can't wait to see everyone there!

:D :D :D :D

Dianna

Hi everyone. I have been lurking here for a while. I will be bringing my teenage son for Lap Band on July 15. We've been going back and forth with the surgery for so long and finally decided to do it. He been a reader of the boards and gets so much encouragement, inspiration and information here. He's 220 lbs now and tired of the yoyo weightloss, but most of all tired of the bullying at school. It's really sad what he goes through. He's always been heavy, but we're worried about his health if the weight gain continues. He's really smart and funny kid. Is anyone else having surgery around July 15th? Thanks so much again.

Floridamom