JULY SURGERIES AND FILLS

Hi everyone,

I am scheduled to be banded on July 25th as well. Looks like I won't be alone. Good luck to all the newbees

Hi Bedish!

I am going to be there on the 25th as well. Where are you coming from? I am from Louisiana. Do you have anyone coming with you? I will have my mom there. Good Luck! Can't wait to meet you.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Bedish!

I am going to be there on the 25th as well. Where are you coming from? I am from Louisiana. Do you have anyone coming with you? I will have my mom there. Good Luck! Can't wait to meet you.

Hi Goofy,

It looks like my husband will be with me. I'm from PA. Can't wait either. Did you start your pre-op diet yet?

I am scheduled for my surgery at the OCC on July 9th, and am very excited. Anyone else going around that time????

I, too, will be getting my lap band on the 9th. I'm so excited (and also a little scared!) :unsure: I just keep thinking about how next year at this time I'll be feeling so much better and that keeps me positive!

Lisa~

Hi Goofy,

It looks like my husband will be with me. I'm from PA. Can't wait either. Did you start your pre-op diet yet?

I am going to start my pre-op on July 6th. that will give me 3 weeks before the surgery. Have you started yours yet?

I finally got my appt made for my 2nd fill and check on my port. I am scheduled for July 9th. Anybody getting a fill then?

wow!

52 lbs already. i am scheduled for surgery on july 9th. how long has it been since your surgery? any words of advise? do i need to worry about being able to lift my suitcase back into my car after surgery? how long until you were back at work? anything you wish you'd known beforehand? i am excited about finally moving forward with this decision. nervous though. congrats on your progress thus far!

grace

I, too, will be getting my lap band on the 9th. I'm so excited (and also a little scared!) :unsure: I just keep thinking about how next year at this time I'll be feeling so much better and that keeps me positive!

Lisa~

hi,

i am also scheduled for surgery on july 9th. i started my pre-op diet--feeling a bit water-logged from all the extra liquids. but, i already feel better; even with only a couple of lbs lost. i will be driving into san diego on tues 07/08. hope to meet you there.

grace

I'm going for my first fill on July 17th. Anyone out there going to be there? If so PM me and we can hopefully meet up and have a chat and dodge a few cars crossing the street. I think that's a great way to lose some extra calories while shopping. Just every 15 minutes or so do a few sprints across the streets and your heart rate is up. Walk swiftly while shopping (also keeps the $$$spent down) and you're a winner 2 times over!!! :D

getting my first fill on 07/08. anyone there that day? was banded on 05/23/08

DeParis!

i am scheduled for surgery on july 9th so i will be at the clinic 07/08 for the pre-ops. so how is it going so far? how long ago was your surgery? any words of advise? are you going to be in tj just for the day? where will you be traveling from? i am driving down from southern california.

grace

I am scheduled for July 28th. I originally had July 7th but my sister couldn't get the time off work. I guess it gives me plenty of time to prepare. I am trying to incorporate some of the things I will need to do afterwards. Like no soda ( I love my diet dr. pepper!), no drinking with meals (that's hard too, I'm a big drinker) and trying not to flip out when I feel hungry. I love this forum as I have already learned so much of what to expect. Thank you all!

I did it...:wacko: I have set the date.... Traveled down to TJ yesterday and met with Dr. Ortiz and his wonderful staff. What a great experience. All the doubt I had about surgery in TJ are gone. I will be banded by Dr. Ortiz on July 24, 2008... A new chapter in my life will begin. ><' =D>

I have had a date change for surgery. The new date is now July 18. Anyone going to be there???

Hey Fancy Nancy.....looking forward to meeting you at the OCC. It's going to be like a party with all us gals....Grace, Pieinsky, FancyNancy, Vantasy.....Can't wait...it's just around the corner.....

Vicki :D

any words of advise? do i need to worry about being able to lift my suitcase back into my car after surgery? how long until you were back at work? anything you wish you'd known beforehand? i am excited about finally moving forward with this decision. nervous though. congrats on your progress thus far!

grace

Take a look at the new thread I started yesterday for anyone pre-op, it's in the questions section of the forum. I hope that will give you some good tips. I am hoping more people will add to it so we get a great comprehensive list for anyone pre-op.

If you are traveling alone don't take a huge suitcase. There is no reason to take too much. I overpacked and only had a rolling backpack but it was stuffed. Leave yourself room for any little trinkets you can't live without.

:lb9:

Hello Grace (pieninsky)

congrats on your upcoming surgery. I started dieting in Oct when I reached 245 pounds. By the time I did the lap band, I had lost 38 on my own, but the lap band has been helpful. I can tell I am needing another fill and I do not seem to get full very easy.

As far as lifting your suitcase, well........I think the limit is 20 or 25 pounds, if I am wrong, please someone correct me. I don't think I lifted anything more than 10 pounds as I was afraid of my port flipping. I had surgery on 4-3-08 (Thursday) and I was back to work on monday. I wish I would have taken a few more days off. I was still alittle tender, but figured the walking with my job would help.

Words of advise.....take some broth soup packets with you to Mexico. You will have a coffee pot in your room that you can use for the hot water. It is alot cheaper than buying soup(broth). Also not a bad idea to take at least 1 box of gas X strips, they are very helpful. I had the gas in my chest and was unable to burp which hurt, but the strips really help.

I think you will be very happy with your decision, I think it is the best decision I have ever made!!! Just remember the expense does not stop after the band. Fills will cost too, so make sure to budget that too. Best of luck, I will come back to see you if they let me and if you want me to.

wow!

52 lbs already. i am scheduled for surgery on july 9th. how long has it been since your surgery? any words of advise? do i need to worry about being able to lift my suitcase back into my car after surgery? how long until you were back at work? anything you wish you'd known beforehand? i am excited about finally moving forward with this decision. nervous though. congrats on your progress thus far!

grace

Hello Grace (pieninsky)

congrats on your upcoming surgery. I started dieting in Oct when I reached 245 pounds. By the time I did the lap band, I had lost 38 on my own, but the lap band has been helpful. I can tell I am needing another fill and I do not seem to get full very easy.

As far as lifting your suitcase, well........I think the limit is 20 or 25 pounds, if I am wrong, please someone correct me. I don't think I lifted anything more than 10 pounds as I was afraid of my port flipping. I had surgery on 4-3-08 (Thursday) and I was back to work on monday. I wish I would have taken a few more days off. I was still alittle tender, but figured the walking with my job would help.

Words of advise.....take some broth soup packets with you to Mexico. You will have a coffee pot in your room that you can use for the hot water. It is alot cheaper than buying soup(broth). Also not a bad idea to take at least 1 box of gas X strips, they are very helpful. I had the gas in my chest and was unable to burp which hurt, but the strips really help.

I think you will be very happy with your decision, I think it is the best decision I have ever made!!! Just remember the expense does not stop after the band. Fills will cost too, so make sure to budget that too. Best of luck, I will come back to see you if they let me and if you want me to.

please feel free to stop by. it is getting pretty close!

grace

i am also scheduled for surgery on the 9th of july. i will be traveling from southern california to san diego. nervous, but mostly excited.

I'm having surgery on July 14th. Like you, I am nervous and excited all at once. Good luck!

I am scheduled for July 28th. I originally had July 7th but my sister couldn't get the time off work. I guess it gives me plenty of time to prepare. I am trying to incorporate some of the things I will need to do afterwards. Like no soda ( I love my diet dr. pepper!), no drinking with meals (that's hard too, I'm a big drinker) and trying not to flip out when I feel hungry. I love this forum as I have already learned so much of what to expect. Thank you all!

Hi Sandy...trust me it gets a bit easier! I too loved my diet Dr. Pepper! I chose to switch to Diet Root Beer for about a week while I went through caffine withdrawl! Then finally two weeks prior to surgery I stopped all soda consumption (until the bad people I met when I was in TJ forced me to have a Sprite) ! hahaha ;-) It was my last ditch attempt for soda heaven. It is not as hard as I thought it would be though. When you start seeing the pounds come off it makes it all worth while. Good Luck to you!

JULY 22 I can't believe it :D IT is really booked and I am going to do it....THANK YOU to everyone who post here. I have been reading everything you write... I love the pictures you post as well.... It give me such incentive

Well -- I arrive at the Lucerna on the 19th, but my surgery isn't scheduled until the 21st.

Maybe I'll see you there ! :)