MARCH SURGERIES AND FILLS

In the Midwest,, March is one of those months that the weather is always changing, it can't ever make up its mind, is it going to be hot or cold?

If your scheduling your Lap Band Surgery or a fill, you've made a decision to change your life. Let us know if your going to be at the OCC in March and hook up with your new lap band friends. So lets hear from those who have scheduled in the month of March.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be getting my first fill at the OCC on March 2!

I hope to meet up with a few of you there! I wished that I had bumped into a few people at the Hotel while I was there on Jan 14-8 but shopping kept me away!

Good luck to all on their pre-op diets, the obe thing that I would suggest to make it a little easier on you (the pre-op is hard, I found) is to start about a month before your surgery! I had to do mine over Christmas and I thank my luckly stars that I had the extra time to lose the weight! I didnt want to get down there all the way from Calgary AB to be told that I didnt lose enough!

Good Luck and keep me posted, :-h

Hi everyone, I hope all is well. My husband and I will be going down on Marcg 29th and I will be having the surgery on March 30th. I am very excited and nervous. I have not started the pre-op diet just yet...soon. I will be flying all the way from Saskatchewan, Canada. Hope to meet some of you!

I was going to get my 2nd fill in February, but I do have some restriction so rescheduled to March 16th. My sister and I will be flying in and spend the night at the hotel. Hope to meet some of you then. And right now, Southwest has some great deals on flights.

Judi

In the Midwest,, March is one of those months that the weather is always changing, it can't ever make up its mind, is it going to be hot or cold?

If your scheduling your Lap Band Surgery or a fill, you've made a decision to change your life. Let us know if your going to be at the OCC in March and hook up with your new lap band friends. So lets hear from those who have scheduled in the month of March.

Then Ill be seeing you there Judi I get banded the 16th :D I finally got my plane ticket!!!! lol

You probably will already have had your surgery by the time I get there - my appt isn't until 1 pm. Who is coming with you? Maybe I will see you when you get released the next day. This is a piece of cake - so enjoy all the "pampering" they do for you.

Judi

You probably will already have had your surgery by the time I get there - my appt isn't until 1 pm. Who is coming with you? Maybe I will see you when you get released the next day. This is a piece of cake - so enjoy all the "pampering" they do for you.

Judi

Well I have to do my pre-op exams first then ill get banded so i might be like the last one to get banded , and Iam going alone :mellow:

Ill be having surgery on March 16 so Ill be at the OCC from March 15 - 18 :D Ill be going alone so I hope I get to make some friends to meet up with. B)

I am happy to see that you get your surgery, I am looking for help in funding. I have terrible credit and I have no savings or other means of payments, do you have any ideas that I may try? Thanks so much and again congradulations on your new life. I can only hope

Shelley

I am happy to see that you get your surgery, I am looking for help in funding. I have terrible credit and I have no savings or other means of payments, do you have any ideas that I may try? Thanks so much and again congradulations on your new life. I can only hope

Shelley

Hi, Shelley

I really dont know what other ideas to give you besides save save and save thats basically what I did, Ive wanted this surgery for many years already but I didnt have the money and of course my Ins didnt cover it , my credit is also bad so I couldnt ask for a loan and I was tired of wasting money on other programs that just didnt work for me I lost the weight then gained it all back and double so I decided no more of that and got 2 jobs, sold stuff on ebay that I had in the house that I didnt used(youll be surprised of all the thing you can sell and what people pay for theme lol) and I cut back on eating out and spending money on things I didnt need and also my hubby gave me some money from his tax return and thats how I finally was able to pay for the surgery, I know theres many other people on here that can give you more ideas sorry if I wasnt much help.

or maybe a family memeber can help you get a loan then you can start paying theme back since they wont give you the loan,

I have my appointment on March 4. I'm very nervous but my boyfriend even more so, mostly about Tijuana which his (oh so helpful) family keep pointing out is full of shootings and drug problems etc. Despite it all he's still up for the trip and I'm so excited at the thought that my weight roller coaster will be over! :lol:

I think it is funny what people say about Tijuana, yeah sure they have their problems with guns and drugs, etc. But so does every other City in the world. I know here in Calgary Alberta, there seems to be a shooting every other day, gang related. Its all media perception!

I felt very safe walking around in Tijuana, just as I do here in my own city. Of course there are areas that you should not go to, but there are areas here that I would not go too!!

Remember don't be a walking target, where ever you are in the world.

I found Tijuana to be very clean, there was not a piece of garbage anywhere on the streets or side walks, the trees where trim and the grass was cut, can you say that about the downtown core of your city? I know I can't.

Just my thoughts,

Jenelle

I have my appointment on March 4. I'm very nervous but my boyfriend even more so, mostly about Tijuana which his (oh so helpful) family keep pointing out is full of shootings and drug problems etc. Despite it all he's still up for the trip and I'm so excited at the thought that my weight roller coaster will be over! :lol:

Hey Mala,

I will be there with my husband on March 6th-8th and he is getting his 1st fill. Everything is safe never once did we feel that we couldn't go anywhere walking. Just beware of surroundings and you'll do fine. I didn't see anything that you would see in your own town. Going down town with a taxi is a bit different but shopping during the day is nice. We walked everywhere even a little in the dark and no one bothered us at all. Have a great time.Don't let anyone scare you at all. Perfectly safe.

Danester

Gulp, just read your thoughts on violence in Tijuan! Am going there with my husband and daughter my appointments on the 5th. Where abouts in AB are you from?

Just a thought, Edmonton & Calgary have there drug and shooting problems - it'll be home from home!!