Weigh-n Wednesday

Grrr....gained 1.6 this week but it's my TOM i'm not gonna get too upset.

Bad news bears they had to cancel my fill on me this morning and can't get me in until the 14th! Ugh I really need that fill i'm able to eat wayyy to much, but i'm gonna get crackin and really try to eat well. I'm cutting my dairy by at least 50 to 75% so i'm hopeful that will help. Will be really hard, but I need to do it. I'm currently eating the chese that is left in my house to get ready.

Hope you all have a great rest of the week!!!

OK, well I said that I would weigh this morning and I did. I am up 2lbs this week....kinda knew something was not right. Has been a tough past couple of weeks.

Carrie!

Hi Carrie. Just look at how far you have come. It is amazing and you are an inspiration to all of us . Keep plugging girl you are so close to the brass ring :)

Debbie

Holy Sh#t!!!!!!

Sorry for the expletive and the abuse of the exclamation point but, HOLY SH#T!!!

20lbs! I'm down 20 freakin lbs! Ten since being banded 9 days ago! I weigh 20lbs less than I did this time last month. Wow. I am WAY down past the little red dots on my scale that mark weight loss efforts past. I think, deep down, I honestly didn't expect this to work. I'm astonished, and thrilled to be wrong :D

ok again I have not moved, still up my two pounds from last week. I am going Monday morning and letting my Doc check everthing under floro and see just how much I really do have in my band. I raelly excited about having this done, never had it before!

Angie,

Hang in there girl, you are doing great!

Debbie,

You Amaze me EVERY week!

Linnipoo!

YOU GO GIRL!!!!! That is awesome, keep up the good work! Take LOTS and LOTS of pics, It is fun to go back and compare. It is amazing how much you can change month to month and not realize it until you put them side by side!

Love you guys!

Carrie

Hello All,

Well, I haven't weighed-in in a while. However, this morning the scale was at 142.

I agree with Carrie, take lots of pictures and also take measurements too. You will be amazed how your body will change and not even realize it. :)

Hugs,

Kristi

Okay, I rebel and do not weigh in on Wednesdays. That being said, last week was the TOM and I weighed in at 174.6 and on my birthday (1/1 - Friday) I weighed in at 172.7 so that was a loss of 1.9 pounds but technically speaking I am down 1.2 pounds this week from 173.9. I cant wait for the 160's when I am no longer considered "obese" and just "overweight."

Congrats to Angie, Denise, Linnipoo, Carrie, Janice, Kristi and the amazing Debbie (and anyone else I left out) for either maintaining or loosing. And thanks for holding me accountable.

Holy Sh#t!!!!!!

Sorry for the expletive and the abuse of the exclamation point but, HOLY SH#T!!!

20lbs! I'm down 20 freakin lbs! Ten since being banded 9 days ago! I weigh 20lbs less than I did this time last month. Wow. I am WAY down past the little red dots on my scale that mark weight loss efforts past. I think, deep down, I honestly didn't expect this to work. I'm astonished, and thrilled to be wrong :D

That totally made me laugh out loud!!! Great job - feels good doesn't it!!! :D

Congrats everyone you are doing fantastic!!!!

I lost the 1.6 I gained last week from TOM and lost another .4 so 2lbs lost this week. I have another fill next week so hopefully I can get back to where I was b/c I am getting really hungry b/t meals and not making good decisions. But I did get back to working out this week so that helps.

I agree with definitely taking pics! I took one every 10lbs and you don't feel like it is a difference but looking back it is really cool to see!!

Thanks to everyone for their support!

I don't know if this will help, but for those who are stuck, I have a few things to just kind of put out there. In a former life, I was insanely fit and nutritionally WAY overeducated. Then I was one of those lucky girls who gains 90lbs during a divorce (medicating with cheeseburgers, sushi, and full bodied beers) When I got over it, I found that I'm just not obsessive enough anymore to be the uber-fit creature I was before. And anyway, that person had no life. Nuts to that. And if I'm physically able to eat sushi and cheeseburgers, I'm gonna find a way to do it. I had the lap band installed out of shear self-preservation!

Annnnyway, back to the point,

If you know deep down that you're just making self destructive food choices, I recommend a book called "Normal Eating for Normal Weight" by Sheryl Canter. It isn't specifically about lap band eating. It's more about de-demonizing your hunger and rediscovering the self-regulatory voices built in to every organism, including us. I'm just reading it now, and the first chapter alone made me want to cry with recognition of all the crap women go through to develop eating disorders before they even get to puberty, crap that I remember all too well. Anyway, it may strike a chord for you, too, and be a balm to frayed nerves.

If you have truly been living La Vida Lap Band and are stuck, you could be undernourishing. After a period of initial weight loss, sometimes the body will go into reserve mode, thinking that your Lap Band is more like a Cambodian refugee camp than a friendly tool. This isn't just a lap band phenomenon, I ran into it a lot in my days of working out 3 hours a day 6 days a week on a protein shake and three ounces of tuna. There are a couple of ways to shake this mode loose:

You can take a day or two to eat *a few* of the naughtier things, preferably high in protein and/or fiber, like extra yogurt or a 4pc chicken McNuggets (don't scowl, they're 190 cals, lots of protein, easily chewed to pouch friendlyness, and totally deliver on super naughty num nums. But get them fresh, with no sauce.) Don't go nuts, don't hurt yourself. Just be about 20% naughtier. Then go back to your routine with no guilty feelings. I swear it hits some kind of magical reset button.

Option two is to add some things to your daily regimen that are just really really good for you, but a little spendy and a lot icky tasting. I don't make much as a college student, but I figure I'm already in debt for the procedure, I might as well make the payments worth it. I decided that I'M worth it. And the powders last well over a month, maybe even two, so it's a good long term food investment. Here's what I have been using:

Juvo 100% Raw Whole Food Super Food

Juvo Natural Raw Meal Whole Food

*** 1 Scoop or less of each in light chocolate soy milk. It tastes gross, so I add chocolate Ovaltine. I do what a gotta do :P This stuff is FULL of nutrients, probiotics, enzymes, and other health-nut stuff. It just straight up gives your cells what they need with minimal waste. It makes me feel like I just naturally have energy, as opposed to a stimulant feeling where I'm just waiting for the crash. I don't even drink coffee anymore. I discovered it while cramming day and night for a truly brutal set of finals. It's like my secret weapon now. If you pick just one, go for the 1st one. It's more of a meal replacement.

Lifetime Life's Basics Liquid Multiple Whole Food Concentrate

A liquid multi with some other health nut stuff in it. Everybody needs a multivitamin. This one is liquid and easily absorbed. And gross. Take it like a shot and chase it with some juice or something. Don't mix it, because then you'll just have a whole big cup of gross to choke down.

Genesis Liquid Protein Dietary Supplement

15 grams of protein per ounce. Also gross. I take it the same way I take the multi, but not every day because there is only so much gross a human should have to endure. This stuff will shut up a hunger pang in no time flat.

This parade of ICK is how I start my day. But it does the job. Makes broth seem like a luscious indulgence. Lunch is one of those Dannon liquid yogurt things, and usually another, normal thickness 100 cal yogurt, because it hangs out in my tummy longer and makes me feel satisfied, but I know there's no chance of it getting stuck. Dinner is broth followed by some herbal tea. I don't get very hungry since I started this regimen and I can tell my body appreciates it. My incisions are healing super fast, my hair looks great, my skin and eyes are clearer than they've been in a decade (if I were a dog, this is where I would say that my coat is really shiny) AND I'm losing weight the way I normally lose my keys.

I got most of the above at LuckyVitamin.com. The protein stuff I found on sale at my local hippie store. And now I know why it was on sale!

Hope that it helps someone and that I'm not just rambling on!!

Good Wednesday Morning Everyone!

As of this monring I am back down to my 185 Yeah!!! I received my first fill under floro yesterda and I think it is going to be the best one yet! It was really neat seeing my band and watching the barium go through. My fill Doc could tell exactly how much I needed!

I am SO ready to get out of these 180's! I have a PS appointment on the 25th and would LOVE to be in the 170's by then. I think I am going to step it up for the next week and half and work really hard. Anyone who would like to join me in working out EVERYDAY and logging, it would be GREAT support!

Good Luck Ladies!

We are off and rolling for 2010. I was so surprised this morning when I got on the scales, down 9 lbs. since being banded - 6 days ago. I'm with Linnipo and her expletive. Girl you are at hoot.

Keep up the good work!